“A "Local" pub for "Local" People - and NOT the "Warm Welcome" displayed above the door”
Review of The Silver Ghost

The Silver Ghost
Ranked #122 of 145 Nightlife in Nottingham
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Visited Friday night last. Pub not particularly busy. Lady behind the bar muttered something in my general direction which I did not catch, but it transpired she was talking to some friends who were leaving. I waited patiently but when they'd said their goodbyes the bar lady still ignored me, and turned her back preferring instead to organise papers in a ring binder. I nervously smiled at a fellow customer but embarrassed, left without being served. Now either I'm invisible, or this is the rudest, most ignorant encounter I have ever had, in any pub, anywhere in the world.
We have been to the Silver Ghost before when we first moved into the area and received a very warm welcome, happy we'd found our "local". But alas, they tend to run out of beer quite often so we've not become regulars, and after our latest visit will give it a wide birth in future.
Avoid.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 22 March 2014

You must check out the Silver Ghost, it's a great pub, popular with pigeon fanciers and the new Innkeepers Andy, Mel and Alfie are friendly and welcoming and are sure to look after you. Try Andy's chips with his red salt!
You'll have a blast!