“Very Pleasant Stay”

Premier Inn Nottingham Arena (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We travelled to Nottingham for a friends birthday and were looking at ideal options as close to the city centre as possible - also ones that didn't stretch the budget. We decided to book at this Premier Inn. From the booking stage through to departure the hotel were excellent. I had accidentally booked a double room which they changed for me without difficulty, car parking was given to me for free. Staff were friendly, room was clean and had everything we needed in. Would highly recommend this hotel to those looking to stay in Nottingham!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having once been something of an evangelist for Premier Inns, I now find myself struggling to justify that position. This was not a good experience.

The lady on reception when I arrived could not have exuded more misery if she had tried (not that effort appeared to be part of her psychological make-up). Not even looking me in the eye, she proceeded to issue some perfunctory instructions whilst speaking so quickly and monotonically that I couldn't understand them (both she and I are English, by the way). When I asked for some assistance with printing off some emails, she showed no interest and went to call a colleague. He sorted it out and told her what to do - after much buttering-up by me, she warmed up a bit and became a bit more helpful, but it was a struggle. She initially claimed she had no idea what their email address was, and she just exuded misery and boredom- and indeed she wearily told her colleague that she was there all night. (The hotel does at least get a few brownie points for agreeing to print off the emails for me).

The room was quite hot (although a fan was provided). It was fine as a Premier Inn room goes, but there were no towels in it, and when I tried to ring down to reception the following morning for some I discovered that the phone wasn't plugged in! So I had to go down to reception unshowered to ask for some towels - which, in fairness, arrived quickly and with suitable apologies from a very nice Asian-looking lady (who remembered me later and was lovely - a different lady to the one who had greeted me on arrival).

The breakfast was basic. No cheese, no fresh fruit (other than whole fruit) and no buffet. You could order a cooked breakfast, and it did arrive quickly, but the beans were on the lukewarm side and the sausages were slightly on the underdone side.

Yes, it was cheap (£62 excl breakfast) - but (like the lady on reception who greeted me ) it wasn't cheerful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Lovely hotel we were a large party nothing was too much trouble .My Mother 86 tried to go to bed it was too high when reception contacted they immediately moved her to a lower bed .Excellent breakfast .Although steps down to reception from car park ,there is a alternative entrance for pushchairs and wheelchair at front of hotel .All staff were really helpful and friendly

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Standard Premier Inn - it does the job but this one has a soulless Thyme restaurant with a menu that leaves a lot to be desired. I was attending an event in the city and we stayed overnight as it was on the way to a weekend away. My husband couldn't come to the event so stayed in the hotel and he really struggled to find anything to eat off the menu as he likes plain food but stuff with chips comes with skin on chips that he hates. As the hotel is a bit of a way from the centre there was nowhere local to visit.

Breakfast much better - the cooked to order English was lovely.

Our room was overlooking the main road but once we nodded off we didn't hear the traffic. With no aircon, having the windows closed to stop the noise would be a problem on a hot day - thankfully it was a chilly night.

Reasonable amount of parking on site, £4 payment taken efficiently on arrival.

I would worry about access to the hotel if you have mobility problems as there are steps down from the car park which would also be the drop-off location if arriving by cab.

Room Tip: Ask for a car park side room if you need a window open at night