All reviews bus stop right outside the hotel city centre mansfield road two double beds main road decent breakfast single room two nights good size nice bathroom reception staff car park restaurant staff would stay again small room one night stay ironing board
Reviewed 10 September 2018

A very nasty experience at noisy hotel 3 hours sleep is not enough !! Loud talking and singing throughout the night No working dispenser's for shampoo etc. in the bathroom Un useable study chair. Thank goodness I was there for only 1 night !!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Simona_BW, Admin at Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Christopher W,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry to hear your stay with us was not satisfactory, we have looked into the points you have raised, and I apologise the problems were not picked up prior to your stay .

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the executive king room which was amazing and huge! After an amazing rain Shower I realised there was no hairdryer in the room. So my hubby went down and asked for 1 as reception weren't answering the phone. Next thing hubby comes up with the manager (I end up waiting in the bathroom as was still dripping wet) who wanted to search he room himself for a hairdryer as apparently I was mistaken there IS a hairdryer in the room.......yup....No hairdryer. So they both disappear downstairs. Meantime I'm dressed and hubby comes back alone carrying to complimentary drinks from the bar for us both....while the manager goes to asda to buy a hairdryer for me to use as they don't have any spares. Apparently they are wiring them into the walls as the hairdryers have been "going missing" . So we ended up with drinks and a free breakfast each as by the time I got a hairdryer we had to let our table in the restaurant go. The manager couldn't apologise enough. He said we had paid for a service they hadn't been able to fully provide. Apart from that we had a lovely stay. We understand things can go wrong but it was a minor inconvenience.

Dear Marie J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry to hear that there was an issue with the hairdryer not being in the room. All amenities should have been there for you to use! I'm glad it was sorted in the end and I'm sorry you had to miss dinner because of it. Thank you for being understanding of the situation and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a weekend trip to Nottingham. The hotel is on a very busy road into the town centre. The VERY small car park out front is barely big enough for a smart car, let alone my BMW. I struggled to park and was concerned for the safety of my car parked at the hotel.
I arrived late at night after a long drive and wanted a shower before bed. The shower was rubbish, barely any water came out the shower head and the pressure was awful. The room itself was very small and right next to the stairs which were very creaky and lights in the hallway shining under the door prevent a good nights sleep.

Hotel is close to the city centre and the rock cemetery and recreation ground.

Dear arrowisland,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear you had a mediocre stay at our hotel. Our car park has 50+ spaces, as well as additional spaces with the hotel next doors, and we always urge guests to let reception know if they struggle with parking so we can help with that. As always, should you encounter any issues during your stay, please let reception know so they can promptly sort them out for you,

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived with my partner to this hotel with a very nice girl helping us with our check in. The hotel corridors look a little dated which had me worried until I opened up the room door. A very large room with a gigantic bed, really well designed and very comfortable. Clean and really nice!

Had a late checkout which went very smoothly and thoroughly enjoyed!

Thanks!

Dear 9yScott,

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay. Glad you and your partner enjoyed yourselves whilst here and hopefully it won't be the last time you visit us!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is terrible. It’s more like 2 stars and definitely not 4!
I don’t know about other rooms but mine was awful. Just in front of a very busy road, and since there is no A/C you either are way too hot or can’t sleep with all the noise. The noise is so bad that even with the windows closed you can hear it.
Never ever coming back here and Best Western is definitely on my blacklist from now on.
Avoid at all cost, specially if you’re expecting a good night sleep.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Marc J,

Thank you for your review. It's a shame to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Unfortunately, some of our rooms do face the main road, we always try to honour guest's requests if they require to be allocated to a quiet area of the hotel. If guests report any dissatisfaction with the room, the reception staff will try to swap it for a different one if we have availability. I am sorry again for the bad experience.