“themed cocktails”

Pit and Pendulum
Ranked #220 of 1,338 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A devilishly dark and mysterious world, a hollow in the belly of Nottingham: The Pit & Pendulum. Wickedly good drinks, sinfully tempting food, and an atmosphere to die for...
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This place feels like its been here forever, staff are friendly a gothic bar with a fantastic selection of themed cockatils including the 7 deadly sins all of which are all reasonably priced, food is typical bar food.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

After having been for a family meal we went to pit and pendulum for a drink. We got served our drink and just about to pay when the manager took them away and barred us for no reason and when asked why, she would not tell us so i waited for a minute and asked her again why she barred us but again she could not give me an answer apart from the man with the blue coat is barred. Well nobody in our group had a blue coat it was an old man that had come in after us.when she noticed her mistake she said she was going to serve us next but we did not get an apology from her so we left and went else where. This manager was very rude and unprofessional we wont be going in the bar again.

6  Thank colin a
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this pub on the 30th December evening with my partner and brother in law and his partner . Considering it was a Saturday night and the night before New Year's Eve it was quiet . We ordered our drinks but before we had chance to pay we were told that we we're barred ! Because my partner was wearing a blue coat ! Then the door staff was removing a gentleman with a suitcase in a blue jacket . No apology we felt embarrassed. We've never been barred . When the manager realised her mistake still no apology. But she said I'll serve you when I've finished serving these people. We left . We will never return

5  Thank Lynne S
Reviewed 24 December 2017

... and I've had a drinking session many times here but only got around to eating at The Pit yesterday. I wasn't disappointed. A cracking good stacked-high burger with great chips on the side. Reasonably priced as well, as were the drinks. I will deffo eat here again.

Although, I have to say, my favourite part of The Pit is still sitting near the bookcase and watching people try and find the toilets... regulars will know what I mean! ;o)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Nottingham really does have some great pubs and the Pit and Pendulum is most definitely on that list.

With a great atmosphere and affordable beer, it is a great place to start a night out and if you love metal, the pub and its gothic features has you covered. One small criticism is that at times the music was very loud so it was hard to talk, however with a few pints down your neck it's all good.

Oh, and if you are new to the place good luck finding the toilets, all I will say is that if you need the loo make sure you have something to read.