“Hartleys comes tops for me again ”

Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar
Ranked #25 of 1,378 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar is located in the independent area of Nottingham City Centre called Hockley. You can usually identify Hartleys with the cow (called Mable) outside. It is on the corner of Broad Street, close to Broadway Cinema. We have seating inside and outside and are open 7 days a week. The aim is to cater for everyone regardless of diet including Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian and Halal. Homemade cakes, Fairtrade coffee, Gluten Free Sandwiches and Snacks. Hot and Cold Food.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I have been a fan of Hartleys for some time. This year I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant and it’s made eating out really difficult. Not at Hartleys though.
Want a sandwich- choose anything on the menu and it can be made with gluten free bread - and would you like that brown or white gluten free bread? Want a breakfast, they make them all day and sausages and bread can be gluten free.
Well done Hartleys! You get Top marks from me.

By the way, the non gluten food is good too my friends tell me!

Dawn H, Owner at Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We really appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks

Dawn Hartley

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Busy, friendly eatery found using Tripadvisor. We had an excellent coffee & bacon bun, toilets were clean (but down a flight of stairs) so not for everyone. Owner Kevin & his staff deserve your custom.

Dawn H, Owner at Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review.

Our toilet is a staff toilet, although we do let customers use it if needed, this is why it is downstairs rather than accessible for everyone.

We hope you will visit us again.

Thank you once again.

Dawn & Kevin

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Visited for breakfast around 11:30am
The place was freezing cold, dirty plates and cutlery on most tables.
Breakfast and a medium sized coffee was £9
Mushrooms were watery and not nice, bacon was very fatty. Sausages, toast & egg ok.
Overall below average breakfast in an unappealing and cold place.
I personally wouldn't go again

Hi,

First of all I want to Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I was working the day you came in and I was managing the staff and serving customers, along with clearing and cleaning tables myself, and especially around 11.30 the shop was very busy and all tables were taken by customers with other customers waiting to for seats to become available, so all tables were cleared and cleaned quickly.

As you will appreciate the outside temperature on the day you came in was 2 degrees, and this obviously has an effect on the temperature in the shop with customer leaving and arriving, the door is in constant use, and you would feel the outside temperature especially if you was sat near the door.

The mushrooms are fresh mushrooms, so I am unsure as to why they would be watery - perhaps if you had mentioned this to me on the day I would have been able to see the "watery" mushrooms for myself and replaced your breakfast for you.
We trim the fat off the bacon, however some fat is left on as some customers like the fat for flavour, if you prefer no fat on your bacon you can request this at the time of ordering and ALL fat can be taken off for you.

As you can read from all of the other reviews, this isn't other customers opinion, however we do take all feedback seriously and all of our staff read all of the reviews in order to improve where necessary.

Thanks once again.

Dawn Hartley
Owner

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The meal was really delicious and staffs were very friendly and welcoming. This place offers a wide range of breakfast suited to the individual's needs and requirements.
Glad to have discover this place over my studies in the United-Kingdom.
I highly recommend this place for people who want to taste British breakfast.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it.

We hope to see you again.

Many Thanks
Dawn

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

See the title. No exaggeration; for a little over a fiver, their full English is absolutely divine, and exceptional value for money. Generous portions of great quality sausage and bacon, with delicious buttered bread, mushrooms and tomato. It will satisfy a hefty-sized appetite, but I guarantee you'll be back for more! Also, don't neglect the excellent coffee to wash it all down with!

Hi Jack K,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it is very kind of you and we really do appreciate it.

As a small family business, all reviews on TripAdvisor are vital, as many people check here before visiting us.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Dawn & Kevin Hartley