“Really not good. ”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #375 of 1,374 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Our family of two adults and two children had lunch at this restaurant just after New Year. We experienced all of the mistakes and disappointments in the recent poor reviews so I won’t list them all off but the main problem was the impression that none of the staff seem to actually want to work here. Among the 10(?) staff on front of house there wasn’t a single smile between them during the two hours we were there. No one (particularly the maître d’) seemed remotely interested in trying to get orders correct or to check that customers were actually enjoying being in the restaurant. It really was pretty dire.

The menu is ok but it’s a pretty hefty price for a plate of pasta so it’s the restaurant ‘experience’ that has to make the whole thing appear to be value for money. Carluccio's seems to offer a broadly similar experience and gets it bang on. This place definitely doesn’t.

1  Thank 820ITT
Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thanks for your review. I'd like to have a chat with you about it if possible. Could you send me your details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com?
Many thanks

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Love Jamie's in Nottm , great venue like the mis matched furniture gives a relaxed chilled feel in a lovely old building . Staff were young and service a little slow but we did visit a few days before Xmas although it was only 6pm so not rushed off their feet , had to ask for more cutlery, order more drinks . Food was lovely had a variety of dishes and everyone enjoyed theirs . All in all worth a visit .

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. Thanks for the feedback on the slow service too, i'll be sure to address that with the rest of the management team. Glad you enjoyed your food - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Jamies Italian is the place we go to most. The food is always great and even though we go there a lot the menu is regularly updated so we never get bored of the food. Its a big restaurant but lots of small rooms so it has a nice cosy feel. If you haven't been you must try it.

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thanks so much for your lovely 5 star review. It's really nice to hear that you're enjoying your visits to us.
We hope to see you again very soon so that you can try out our brand new menu.
Best wishes

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were given menus quickly and the waiter was friendly enough. As we were looking at the menu, I realised I needed to check the ingredients of the 'seven veg sauce' which featured in most of the children's dishes as my children have an allergy. The waiter was busy elsewhere so I approached a waitress. I asked if she could tell me what the seven vegetables were due to an allergy and she brushed me off saying she didn't think they had any seven veg sauce left. When I asked if she could check this because most of the children's menu contained this she was a little rude and simply asked me to wait for my own sever to come back.

The starters were fine but the main meals not only took forever to arrive, they were average at best. The sweet potatoes fries were inconsistently cooked and the children's arrived cold. The burger was over cooked as was the cauliflower gnocchi- not what you would expect of a Jamie's. They also brought out a dish for one child (with an allergy to dairy) only to quickly remove after putting on the table as they 'forgot' the dish contained dairy!! The child is only 2 so he was a little upset by this as you could imagine.

The toilets here are in the basement, down several staircases if you are seated upstairs as we were- not the easiest with young children. They were however clean and actually full of character. (I know that is a weird thing to say about toilets but I want to say something positive!)

All in all, I am afraid to say I do not recommend this restaurant (unless you like toilets with original features...?!).

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi Emma J,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the food and service. Please send your details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com so we can have a chat about your experience. Best wishes.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner got a gift card for Christmas and decided we would come here has it's jamie Oliver's restaurant even tho I read bad reviews about it ,now I which never went got there for 5.45 as table was for six so why waiting for table we went for drink in the little bar there,there was no cider ,so we ask for dark rum with red bull , no red bull ,so bar man offer to do a cocktail which really didn't want but what else is there???? ,the drinks where 13 pound for a cocktail and gin and tonic terrible,at 6.20 we got a table wait for awhile then we got asked what we wanted we order starter and rabbit for main there was no rabbit dispointing so we had to pick something else when it came out it was cold and found and hair in, it I will not be going back , the staff trying there best but no one is in charge and the stock need to be sorted .

Hi nickyh195,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your visit. Please send your contact details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com if you'd like to discuss your experience further. Kind regards.