Open today: 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Such a fun experience

Reviewed yesterday
Jonathan C
County Dublin, Ireland
A very informative guide, an interesting visit.

Reviewed 6 days ago
valerier471
Biddulph, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Nottingham
from US$ 19.60
More Info
from US$ 6.50
More Info
All reviews shopping centre hard hats audio guide air raid joint ticket broad marsh interesting tour world war cave system uneven floors combined ticket low ceilings worth a visit rainy day visiting nottingham nunnery galleries
Reviewed yesterday

Visiting the City of Caves was like, number 1 on my list of what I wanted to do in my short time in Nottingham. As expected, it was pretty much as cool as I'd hoped.

The guide we had was especially energetic, engaging, and super funny, she made the experience for me! It was so cool walking through the old caves, some of which dated hundreds of years back, and learning about what the caves were used for at different times in Nottingham's history.

I strongly suggest visiting, it's inexpensive and a great opportunity to learn a little about Nottingham's history :)

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We spent almost an hour walking through the ancient caves that are now under a mall. They have served many purposes over many time periods and we are grateful that the community didn’t allow the caves to be destroyed. I enjoyed learning about them.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We visited the caves on a Sunday. Hard hats are provided if you feel that you need them, as some caves have low entrances. Tall people may need them. You are guided through a selection of caves and given information on the history and there uses. The guide was very good and gave an interesting talk. They are situated in the old shopping centre which is a bit rundown and none of the escalators are working, there are lifts however. All the staff are friendly and helpful. It is worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We chanced upon this place while wandering through the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre and decided to give it a try. A tad expensive though very interesting and well worth an hour of your time. Our guide was great and demonstated a good knowledge of the history of the caves, keeping the attention of all concerned throughout the tour. The caves themselves were fascinating, particularly the old Tannery and the 19th century slum dwellings. Worth a look if you're ever in the area.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I thought this would be a little stop off to kill some time with the kids on our way to our next stop, but it turned out to be fascinating and informative for the grown ups as well as the kids.

The entry is literally in the shopping centre, which is so weird! Our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining and the cave truly were spectacular. I wish we'd had more time to spend there!

Only complaint is that these caves supposedly go on for miles and miles but you're shown through/allowed access to only a tiny section of them. I suppose they don't want people wondering off and getting lost but still: makes 'city' a bit of a misnomer. Perhaps consider a choice of tours: the 45 minute one and a full hald-day one for the more adventurous?

Reviewed 1 week ago

Very well done. Highly recommended. Fascinating glimpse into history of Nottingham and this country as a whole thru these old caves. The role playing in tannery and ww2 air raid shelters particularly entertaining.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Age group from 6 to 68 everyone enjoyed this outing.The history on this trip was interesting for all

Reviewed 1 week ago

This was very much a surprise to us!

We had read of the caves but didn't realise that they would be accessed through the top floor of the shopping centre.

This tour takes the form of a recorded hand held guide and is very interesting. Not really suitable for the very young or those who have difficulty walking on uneven surfaces but apart from that we can whole-heartedly recommend it!

Don't miss it!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

An interesting place to visit if in Nottingham and we took the Audio tour as we missed the guided tour so an hour was about long enough. We bought the combined ticket for the Justice Museum which we enjoyed more. We thought it was a little expensive compared to other attractions we have visited.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The visit was very informative and the guides were very engaging and interesting. They made it fun for the children. Well worth a visit if your near by.

1  Thank Cheryl M