“Afternoon lunch ”

Goose at Gamston
Ranked #137 of 1,345 Restaurants in Nottingham
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We’d like you to leave The Goose with a smile on your face and while that's usually down to the company you’re with, we’d like to think our friendly service, delicious food, convivial atmosphere and warm welcome can help make any occasion special.The practical stuff: it’s always good to know the opening times...Monday to Thursday – 11am till 11pm (food served till 10pm)Friday – 11am till midnight (food served till 10pm)Saturday – 11am till 11pm (food served till 10pm)Sunday – 11am till 10.30pm (food served till 9pm)Playzone – to keep the little ones smilingMonday to Thursday – 9am to 8pmFriday – 9am to 9pmSaturday – 11am to 10pmSunday – 11am to 9pmKids - WiFi - Parking - Family Friendly - Beer Garden - Food
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So myself my mum & 5 year old son decided on the goose for lunch this afternoon as there is a indoor play area here for children but today was very busy as it is the Easter half term so as it is a busier period I can only assume that must be the reason behind the awful food we were served this afternoon, so my mother ordered off the savers menu fish chips & mushy peas, the fish itself didn’t seem as fresh as other places we’d dined at and was soaked In grease, my meal which was a chilly beef burrito was served Luke warm & was tasteless & gritty & finally my sons meal arrived along with a very long dark hair wrapped around the nuggets (most off putting) the server did offer to replace his meal and in fairness he did & it did arrive back at the table quite quickly but then that made me wonder if it was then just transferred on to another plate (who knows ) the server did tell us that the kitchen staff are supposed to wear hats but maybe they forgot to put one on today, then after taking a second bite from my burrito I decided just to leave it as I just wasn’t up for eating it cold and so the waitress offered to replace it with something else (chicken & bacon wrap) which I’ve got to be honest was just as bad as the first time around, 3 strips of rind off the bacon instead of the bacon and yes ok they got the chicken part right!! But anyway an afternoon lunch that wasn’t by far tasty or enjoyable but as said at the start it was very busy with it being half term but I definitely wouldn’t be eating here again. We did get the child’s meal free for the inconvenience of the long dark hair guys

Martin_And_Nicci, General Manager at Goose at Gamston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Sorry to hear this, I apologize that this was the case, this is not our usual standards and i will investigate this matter with my team.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please call us on 0115 9821041

We do hope to welcome you back in the future for a much better experience :)

Kind regards
Martin & Nicci Morris

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Its not really the places fault, but... my children were playing in the playzone, a man stood by the nets on the ball pit was watching his kid hit my kid repeatedly. I ran over, I shouted, and quite loudly, don't you hit my boy! Grabbed my distraught child and sat back at our table. This "farther" then tried to say our boy hit his first... our small 3 year old hit his 4 year old. Instead of telling me he watched his kid beat on ours. The farther then threw threats at us during our meal. He also decided to call my 4 year old a bully when his kid hit him too. When the staff were told they couldn't do anything. If we hadn't have ordered food I wouldn't have stayed much longer.

The food was nice. But I don't like rough places, or bullies. I won't be going back. There's just no need for that kind of school ground behaviour from a 30-40 year old man.

Sorry to hear this, this isn't normally the case, the playzone is usually a friendly place and kids have lots of fun in here! It is down to the parents/carers to supervise their children, however in such incidents, the duty manager will always step in should you need them. I wouldn't let this put you off in the future :)

We hope to welcome you back again one day

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch,rang to book a table the person who answered was very rude and told me they were very busy and that forest was playing (what this had to do with me is beyond me)she eventuality booked a table and then proceeded to tell me they would need the table back for 2.15,I think the staff need a few lessons in telephone manner,as it was forest didn’t play,rude staff are not good .

Hi, booking a table should indeed be easy and friendly, and i'm sorry this wasn't the case. I have spoken to my team about this and can ensure you it will not happen in the future.

We hope to welcome you back again soon :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Goose at Gamston recently and I was pleasantly surprised. This is my first time in there and although passing it many times I’ve never gone in. I’m so glad I did, the food was fantastic but what really made the experience was the service, the waitress Kathryn catered for my every need, was very prompt to get the high chair for my daughter and was so polite and helpful. Well worth the tip!

Will be seeing you guys soon

Martin_And_Nicci, General Manager at Goose at Gamston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind feedback :) I will pass the message on to Kathryn, she will be thankful you have taken your time out to say such nice words.

We hope to welcome you back soon :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to many GreeneKings and I must say, Goose @ Gamston is one of the best I've been to. I was greeted enthusiastically by staff even though it was busy. I had not booked but was seated swiftly. The waitress, she was called Kathryn, briefly explained the menu and answered my questions after i ordered drinks. As I wanted to explore the menu, she told me she would be back shortly when I was ready. Roughly 5 minutes later, she came back as promised and took my order. She was extremely friendly and on-the-ball. My order came out in average expected time and again, was brought out with a smile.

After my plates were cleared for starters, my main took 10-15 minutes to come out however it was saturday lunch time and I could see the place was busy. Kathryn reassured me that my main was coming along and kept me updated - the upbeat atmosphere and friendly conversation made up for the wait. The main came out and it was perfect! The desert came out promptly after the main - again perfect.

I would recommend the Goose @ Gamston and would like to applaud Kathryn (young waitress - brunette) at her amazing service and attentiveness.

Thank you for taking your time out to leave us such an excellent review!! i will pas this message on to Kathryn as im sure she will chuffed.

We hope to welcome you back again soon :)