2,183 results
All reviews chino latino mini bar central location good size market square saturday night main road bars and restaurants comfy bed full english stayed here for one night good nights sleep ncp minibar mirror nightlife executive
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Originally booked just the standard room but we were kindly upgraded at no cost to an executive room which was a lovely gesture. The room also came with Sky TV with Sky sports and a couple of movie channels, not sure if this is standard or came with the upgraded room but was a luxury for my boyfriend, apparently living the dream with Sky Sports in bed.
We stayed for 1 night on a Saturday so I was expecting a lot of noise in the corridors with people coming in late etc. but I was not disturbed once all night and no traffic noise either.
The room was spacious and clean with a couple of chairs which is always nice to not have to plonk on the end of the bed all time. Had a large bathroom with shower over bath, frosted glass doors are a strange choice but not a problem unless someone is purposely trying to see if they can see you through it. Bed was very comfortable and had a choice of pillows.
Breakfast was fantastic! I don't think I have seen so much choice in a hotel in the UK, everything we had was good and they seemed to keep the hot cooked breakfast options topped up well despite us going at a busy time.
I think the 12pm checkout is really handy, especially if you wanted to do a bit of shopping in the morning, you don't have to carry all your stuff round with you as well.

Very good location, close to everything we needed (shops, restaurants bars, Rock City and Rescue Rooms) would definitely use again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Claire F, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Mousey92,

Thank you for your lovely review!

It's a pleasure to read such great compliments about the hotel and I'm pleased you loved your upgraded room too.

We as a hotel like to ensure all our guests have a comfortable stay, so I'm glad you had everything you needed in your room.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, so that your boyfriend and 'live the dream'!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
Claire F, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Reviewed 3 October 2017

booked this room as a special treat for my wife and at check in had to argue with reception about what i was entitled to on my booking, even having to produce a print out from the internet to prove my point. the room was fantastic great big lounge comfy bed lovely bathroom, even a separate toilet off the lounge, if i'm being over picky there were some small problems, air con would not warm the room s both very cold, tv in lounge had no instructions for the remote took a while to work it out and then the tv would change channels when it felt like it remote three feet away from anyone in the room.there was an ice bucket in the room but no ice machine when i spoke to reception they said room service could bring ice. (then why have a bucket in the room)
my biggest problem with this room was the noise from a nearby night club on sat night banging away until 03.00 i have since written to the hotel with my concerns and we have come to an amicable solution. i would definitely stay at this hotel again however i would avoid the presidential suite on a saturday night

Room Tip: avoid the side overlooking the square on saturday night
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Claire F, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear sallyNottingham

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I appreciate your feedback and I am pleased that you got in touch with us directly to express your concerns. Your comments have already been raised with the appropriate departments to address and are currently being investigated.

I am pleased you have accepted our offer to give us the chance to show you just how much we care about our guests experience with us.

We look forward to your return stay to exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is not highly priced, conveniently positioned and is comfortable. The reception staff were very very good and she was polite and extremely helpful.

I booked via booking,com. I booked a double bedroom, but got a twin. The room had a shaft within the bathroom, behind which there must have been a drain, as I could hear running water akin to rain on a window all night. It didn’t disturb me to much, but be aware.

The room is well-equipped, neat tidy, clean; the beds comfortable. There is a minibar, good bathroom. Big tv with sky.

My average rating is really only down to the lack of acoustic protection to the room. Big gap at the bottom of the door to the corridor, so you can hear people’s passage up and down the corridor. I could hear the next door neighbours chatting on both sides of me. I do stay in a lot of hotel rooms for business; and this ranks in the nosiest of them.

But if you want a reasonably priced, conveniently positioned hotel and you sleep like a log, then this is the place for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Skoorca,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay overall and found all the staff extremely helpful.

We appreciate your comments regarding your room and I have shared this with the relevant departments to look into. We are currently reviewing and trying our best to soundproof our rooms eliminating any noise, but I apologise if this wasn't as affective as it should have been.

I hope this won't deter you from staying with us again as we'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I'm not a fan of these big chains but we had a nice stay. Came up for a gig and the hotel was conveniently located and reasonably priced. The room was spacious and relaxing, comfortable bed, really nice bathroom. Impressed by the elemis toiletries. The breakfast was £15 for the full works and was very good indeed with a lovely fresh and varied selection. Staff friendly and helpful.

I used the fitness centre which was so so - not that well equipped and no showers. Also - annoyingly- they don't tell you at check in that you have to sign the disclaimer at reception not at the gym itself, so I climbed up to the11th floor before discovering this... and then had to do a return journey. Pain for a claustrophobic non lift user. Thank goodness I'm fit!

Other niggles - alcohol free minibar, no ice in ice bucket, eccentric set ups for both light switches and bathroom taps which neither of us could fathom.

These niggles preclude a 5* review for an otherwise very good and good value hotel. If we visit nottingham again would happily stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Claire F, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear stephfromlondon_10,

Thank you for taking the time to wrote your review.

I'm pleased you chose to stay with us at Park Plaza Nottingham and that you were pleasantly surprised with your visit.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding the use of our fitness centre and that this wasn't explained to you when checking in.

We do offer alcohol beverages and ice upon request, should you stay with us again, just contact our Room Service team and they'll be happy to accommodate your requests.

We look forward to your return visit when you're next in Nottingham.