“very nice hotel in the centre of Nottingham”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Nottingham
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“very nice hotel in the centre of Nottingham”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The hotel is huge, we stayed in an executive room (really nice and clean but small). The restaurant is average (28£ for a soup of the day, goat cheese and caramelised onions tart and the cake of the day, in our case chicken leek and potatoes). The only bad side is that in the night we could ear (even if not very loud) from our room on the 8th floor the music coming from a club near the hotel, I felt asleep only because I was extremely tired from the day. But the staff was impeccable and friendly. We didn't have breakfast included and there's no free wifi, but luckily we had access to the lounge on our floor where we could use a pc, have drinks (including beers and wine) and in the morning a continental breakfast, everything complimentary with the executive room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Sofonisba23,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was so pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay, namely the benefitts of the club lounge and you found the team impeccable and friendly. I will certainly share your comments with the team as they mean a lot to them.

Natalia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
UK
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for the weekend with a mate. The initial mix-up with the room was sorted quickly, efficiently and in a friendly manner. Staff on reception very polite and the room was great, spacious, clean and modern. The complimentary sparkling water was a nice touch. We didn't have breakfast so cannot comment on the food but the bar area was very airy and again contemporary. Ideally placed for the centre, our room was at the front of the hotel and there were no issues with any noise

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front seem to be quieter
Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear GraieemTchad,

Thank you for you recent review.

I am sorry that there was a mix up when you arrived at the hotel, but was very pleased to see that the team handled this situation well & efficiently. First impressions really do count and we strive to make the best impression when guest's first arrive.

Your comments really do mean a lot to the team and myself, rest assured I will share your comments with them.

Once again thank you for taking the time out in writing your review

SEast
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Room well equipped but small. Comfortable bed but too hot and airco useless. Fast wifi but extortionately expensive. Too many "buts", and, the only hotel I know that provides earplugs by the bed. Why? because one side overlooks Rock City, billed as Britains largest club, which stays open until 6am...

Stayed two nights this time. Last time I was upgraded to a club room and the experience was much much better.

So it's a city centre hotel, great location, but a bit tired, and not what you expect for a Crowne Plaza. That said, not much choice if you want to stay in the centre. And take your own silicone ear plugs as the free ones are rubbish.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Barcabloke,

Many thanks for you recent review.

It was a little disappointing reading your review as it seems your stay was just average. We strive every time to make our guest stay truly memorable for all the right reasons, especially in relation to our service levels. It seems this time unfortunately we did not reach this level for which I apologise.

I have noted your comments regarding the hotel being tired and will review these at our next property meeting.

Once again thank you for your comments

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

CP Notts is a comfortable hotel in a central location. I have stayed here several times and have never been overly impressed, or disappointed by the quality. To me it is a Holiday Inn with better bedding.

My most recent stay, on Thursday 19th of April was nothing out of the ordinary, until check out. I unfortunately didn't catch the name of the girl who checked me out.

When she told me the bill total, I queried it, because it was lower than I expected. She informed me the room rate was £115 and parking was £7. I informed her that I had taken a drink from the mini bar and had purchased Internet access. She then added an additional £11.95 to the bill. I queried this, as I felt that £4.95 for a diet Pepsi was rather expensive, at which point she informed me that the Wifi was £10. It is advertised as £7 online and I had called reception to get a voucher.

I told her I should have been informed of this, to which she shrugged and charged me.

Oh dear CP. you shot yourselves in the foot! I will never be honest again, and kept my mouth shut about the fact you had my room rate wrong - £150 was what I had expected and was quite willing to pay. But thanks to your unbothered attitude, you missed out on £35. And a regular client. I have just secured a contract in the area and could give you a lot of room nights - but as the staff don't care, especially with genuine, honest customers, you missed out.

Your loss.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for executive rooms - there is no difference in size or quality - and £35 for re...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Clareandken,
Thank you for your recent review.

Please accept my apologies for the poor customer service you experienced on check out. I have to admit I was rather shocked to read your review as we receive regular compliments regarding the team. I can assure you that I will personally pick this matter up.

It was a great shame to read that you will not return to the hotel as I would genuinely like to restore your faith in ourselves and show you that your experience was a one off.

If you would consider returning I would be grateful if you would contact me personally at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that I hear from you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights in April and loved it. Firstly, great location for the centre of Nottingham, right in the hub. Secondly, the hotel is beautiful - very clean and impressive reception and lobby, lovely bar area, late drinks and food available! The room was a great size, very clean, very modern. The staff were very friendly and very helpful throught the whole weekend. Breakfast was great as well! To me this is better than a 4 star quality hotel. Next time in Nottingham I will definitely stay here again. I hope all Crowne Plazas are as good as this one as I plan to stay in more after this experience! Thanks Crowne Plaza Nottigham - very impressed!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Dansa3151,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

All I can say is WOW, you really did have a great stay and I can not thank you enough for your kind comments regarding the team. They truly do make a difference to them and make all their hard work seem worthwhile.

It was great to read that you will definitely return and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back!