“Small but very well laid out room. Excellent pool and an atrium which should be in Vegas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Another reviewer has already mentioned the rooms are not that big and there is quite a bit of stuff in them but it all works well.

As a business traveller I wanted a hotel in a good location with a decent pool and breakfast. This hotel provided a breakfast on a level with the 5 star hotel I stayed at on a family holiday so that box is ticked.

The pool area, which can be tired in some hotels, was immaculate so another box ticked. As for location; there is a large car park and it is in a very good location in Nottingham city centre.

Room Tip: Beware of how you book, I used tripsta and ended up paying more than if I had booked with the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear IT_Contractor,

Thank you so much for you recent review.

It was really pleasing to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and rated us so highly. I will make sure I share your comments with the team especially in relation to the breakfast and leisure facilities.

Once again thank you for taking your time out and hopefully we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

Natalia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Newquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

We spent 2 nights over Easter on the 8 th floor club rooms. Our room was rather small for a superior room but the bed and the pillows were heaven, the reception staff were extremely helpful and gave us some very good suggestions for dinner and sunday lunch, and seemed very knowledgeable and eager to promote the city. Our only issue was the club lounge had been commandeered by a member of staff and their family who were staying there and celebrating a 16th birthday, the place was trashed and full of kids as well as their parents so there was no room for anyone else to enjoy the facility so we grabbed a drink and left. When we returned for a second drink, the 4 bottles of wine in the fridge had disappeared. Although when we contacted reception someone did arrive with a further bottle, but the area did not appear to be well stocked, or managed, perhaps because this is an unusual occurrence but it would really help if crowne plaza make club access for adults only.

Stayed April 2012
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear terryzoe,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your Easter break.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the reception team to be extremely helpful. Your kind words mean an awful lot to them as they pride their selves on being ambassadors for the city. I will certainly share your comments with them.

I am sorry that there were guest's that decided to abuse the club lounge, I will certainly pick this matter up with the food and beverage team, as they should monitor the usage and ensure only guests from the club floor use this facility.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the future

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here with my husband on a Friday night as we were going to see Stomp at the Theatre Royal. Wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. The room although small was very comfortable. It did show signs that a coat of paint/carpet clean were due but nevertheless we really liked the room.

All the usuals including a fridge, safe, bathrobe (although just the one). Comfy bed...no issues with temperature or noise. There was some music till around midnight but it must have stopped shortly after and never kept us awake.

All the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and can't be beat for location...literally a couple of minutes from the theatre.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear clarelw,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team to be both helpful and friendly. I will make sure I share your comments with them.

I am sorry that you felt the carpet in your bedroom, we currently have a programme in place for cleaning and replacing bedroom carpets that should address your comments.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that you enjoyed Stomp at the Theatre Royal.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

At the end of March 2012 I had the pleasure of spending three nights in this hotel. My Sat Nav had difficulty in finding way into the hotel, but quite a few of my colleagues had the same experience. I stayed on the 8th floor with access to the Club Lounge which was handy for relaxing with my friends after a busy day's work. My bedroom was huge with a massive bed but very comfortably furnished. On the whole the staff were very friendly and helpfull, one complaint there were times when the Reception was very understaffed, and checking in took for ever. I had promised my self a trip to the leisure centre while I was here, but forgot my cossie, that's my excuse, but I was told the facilities were excellent. The hotel is well placed in the City centre for shopping and night life, and I will certainly look forward to staying here again. The restaurant could be open more than it is although you can get food all day in the Swatch bar.

Room Tip: It's worth paying a bit more to get an upgrade to an Executive room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Geoff L
Dear GeoffL,

Many thanks for your recent review.

it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the benefits of the club lounge. I must agree it is a great place to relax after a tiring day!

I will make sure I share your comments with the team as they do mean a lot to them.

We look forward in welcoming you back the next time you are in Nottingham and remember to bring your costume next time so you can unwind in our leisure facilities!

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here the other night while out in Nottingham. We were given an upgrade to Club Class which gave us access to the club lounge. The bedroom was very large with a huge bed. It was all very nice. We had a lovely breakfast in the morning in the restaurant. It is right in the Town Centre and right next door to the Theatre Royale and Rock City, so handy for everything.

Room Tip: If yu want a quiet nights sleep ask for a room that doesn't overlook Rock City.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony_and_Kay
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Tony & Kay,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was so pleasing to read that you really did enjoy your stay at the hotel. Particularly the benefits of the club lounge and also the breakfast experience.

I will certainly share your comments with the team as they do mean a lot to them.

Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcoming you back next time you visit Nottingham!