“Good Quality Hotel in the City Centre”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good Quality Hotel in the City Centre”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

At the end of March 2012 I had the pleasure of spending three nights in this hotel. My Sat Nav had difficulty in finding way into the hotel, but quite a few of my colleagues had the same experience. I stayed on the 8th floor with access to the Club Lounge which was handy for relaxing with my friends after a busy day's work. My bedroom was huge with a massive bed but very comfortably furnished. On the whole the staff were very friendly and helpfull, one complaint there were times when the Reception was very understaffed, and checking in took for ever. I had promised my self a trip to the leisure centre while I was here, but forgot my cossie, that's my excuse, but I was told the facilities were excellent. The hotel is well placed in the City centre for shopping and night life, and I will certainly look forward to staying here again. The restaurant could be open more than it is although you can get food all day in the Swatch bar.

Room Tip: It's worth paying a bit more to get an upgrade to an Executive room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoff L
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear GeoffL,

Many thanks for your recent review.

it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the benefits of the club lounge. I must agree it is a great place to relax after a tiring day!

I will make sure I share your comments with the team as they do mean a lot to them.

We look forward in welcoming you back the next time you are in Nottingham and remember to bring your costume next time so you can unwind in our leisure facilities!

Natalia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here the other night while out in Nottingham. We were given an upgrade to Club Class which gave us access to the club lounge. The bedroom was very large with a huge bed. It was all very nice. We had a lovely breakfast in the morning in the restaurant. It is right in the Town Centre and right next door to the Theatre Royale and Rock City, so handy for everything.

Room Tip: If yu want a quiet nights sleep ask for a room that doesn't overlook Rock City.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony_and_Kay
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Tony & Kay,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was so pleasing to read that you really did enjoy your stay at the hotel. Particularly the benefits of the club lounge and also the breakfast experience.

I will certainly share your comments with the team as they do mean a lot to them.

Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcoming you back next time you visit Nottingham!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We booked a 'Spa day' on Groupon for this hotel which included a back massage and facial. We got this at a real bargain price so I was a little dubious about the quality. However, I was very impressed. Although the 'spa' itself is very small the staff were very nice and the treatments were wonderful. We did ask to have our nails done during the afternoon but unfortunately there was no one available on the day we visited.

The swimming pool is a fairly average size but was clean. The steam room was sadly not working but the sauna was fine and could fit 4 people in comfortably. I would definitley go back if I got a similar offer but wouldn't pay much more, as it doesn't warrant staying for a full day.

Although we didn't stay at the hotel, we had coffee and lunch in the resturant which was very nice and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear LJF84,

Many thanks for your recent review regarding your Spa day booked via Urban Rooms at the hotel.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your treatments and also the lunch provided in the hotel. I will make sure that I pass your comments onto Urban rooms as they mean an awful lot to them.

I do know that Urban rooms regularly have great offers for their treatments so keep a look out for more offers!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel is well located in Nottingham City Centre. The parking is good and the reception area is welcoming and well designed.
The rooms are very nice, with good quality extras and a lovely bed. It was perfectly clean and I have little complaints about the accommodation.

The food was brilliant (not in the restaurant, but at the event catering in the hotel). The beer was good, and well priced. The bar is huge and service continues until late. I liked this part of the hotel. The bar staff were all very attentive and friendly.

I didn't think the front desk service was ideal; more importantly there is a large charge for internet use in the room. I thought that most places provide the business traveller with free wireless. I would avoid this place in future until the internet is free.
By far the most disappointing part of this hotel is the attitude to drunks. People have events here, I can understand this. People get drunk, I can empathise with this. Why they let them loitering in the lobby, even though security is present, is really poor. It is a major downfall of this place.

Room Tip: Avoid at weekends. Lots of stag/hen do's. Wireless internet very expensive.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Greggbb,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was very pleasing to read that you found your bedroom and its cleanliness to be of a high standard. We believe that the cleanliness of the bedrooms is of paramount importance to a successful hotel and something that the Housekeeping team work very hard on.

By reading your review I can see that you attended an event in the hotel and found the food to be 'brilliant' I will certainly share your comments with the Kitchen team as they mean a lot to them.

With regards to guest that have consumed too much alcohol, we do monitor the situation and when we feel guest have had too much to drink we no longer serve them. I will also ensure that I speak to the security guards regarding monitoring the public areas.

Once again thank you for your review.

Natalia

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The booking of the Spa day for my sisters 'Hen do' was really simple and straight forward, even though there was a large group of us. Emails and phone calls were always answered promptly. After a weekend of enjoyment (staying at another hotel and visiting Nottingham) we were all looking forward to our spa day. On arrival at the hotel we were impressed by the 4* appearance inside the hotel. Lunch was the first experience on the agenda for our 'spa' day. On arrival at the bar, where we were having lunch, we were rudely told where our table was. This was not set for the number of people who were booked in so we had to wait for them to set the correct amount of places. Food came out promptly which involved chips and sandwiches. They looked ok but on closer inspection the bread was stale. It was as if they had made them in the morning and then put them in the fridge until we arrived, resulting in cold and stale sandwhiches. One of the members was eating an egg cress sandwhich when she found a large piece of chipped china in it. when she informed the lady behind the bar who had served the food to us her response was ' oh, thank you for letting me know'! Where was the apology????? A glass of wine was included in the lunch but many members of the party dont drink alcohol so we asked if we could have soft drinks instead. The bar lady said that we could so we ordered lemonades and cokes. After waiting 30minutes the bar lady then came back and said that the gas had run out on the soft drink machine so the only other options was to have tea of coffee or orange juice. Which resulted in many of our group not having a drink at all! After a dissapointing lunch we were all looking forward to our beauty treatments and spa. We upgraded so we could use the 'spa facilities'. What a waste of money that was!! You cant call it a spa!!!! It is the hotel swimming pool which all customers staying at the hotel can use including children! There is limited chairs for you to sit on let alone relax on. No dressing gowns were provided or slippers, which was described on the details.This resulted in many of the group members not even using the swimming pool even though they had paid for it(7 out of the 10 group members didnt use the swimming pool)! The beauty treatments were well organised and times were given to us. The beauty room was set out and all members of the group really enjoyed the treatments. On the last two groups of treatments it was clear the members of staff wanted to get home early as they were tidying up the room while member of our group were having a massage, which resulted in it not being very relaxing with the noise and movement of the staff. Also when two of our group were having their pedicures the staff continued to tidy up around them! This spoilt the treatment and the relaxing atmosphere. As soon as the last two members had finished their treatments the beauticians were packed up and left the building. One of the group members wanted to purchase the the nail vanish which the beauticians had used and told them she did too. But when she had got changed after her treatment all the staff had gone so she was unable to do this. Overall a dissapointing day and we didnt want to make a big fuss while we were there because we didnt want to spoil it for the 'Hen'. We would recommend the treatments but dont bother wasting your money on the lunch or the 'spa' facilites because they are definatly not worth the money.I think they need to rephase their website as it is not a true reflection of the experience!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear 7AnnaP7,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment regarding your party's Spa day. In conjunction with Urban rooms we cater for many Hen Parties week in and week out with many praising us for their relaxing and enjoyable time.

In relation to your lunch experience I can assure you that this matter is currently being investigated and I will ensure that it is correctly actioned with the appropriate people.

I have spoken to the manager of Urban rooms who was pleased that you enjoyed the treatments; however will speak to the therapists about packing away before the end of the treatments to avoid a re-occurrence.

Once again my apologies