“Great Value, Good Location”

The Britannia Nottingham Hotel
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We booked a double room and a twin room for one night for family of four when visiting Nottingham Watersports Centre. Total cost was £90 which included a 3-course dinner buffet, full breakfast buffet and bottle of wine per room. The food was hot and plentiful with reasonable choice. Check-in / out was speedy, staff were pleasant, the rooms were clean and everything worked (tvs, remote controls, showers, lifts, etc). The central location of the hotel was a great plus point. Decor / furniture in rooms was slightly dated but we have paid far more for much grottier hotel rooms in the past. Overall we felt we got excellent value for money and would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank HET802
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

On reading the reviews on here, I was not expecting very much at all from our stay! All I can say,is do not believe all you read on here! The hotel was far from being tired,the room was lovely & clean and the food was plentiful,hot and of a good standard. The staff were very friendly & happy to be of service! This is a hotel that is NOT 5* and offers great value for money and there are some very good offers available,we found ours on Travelzoo. The tv's are not flat screen,but work perfectly and if all you want to do is watch tv in a hotel room what is the point in going away? About 5 minutes walk from the hotel is the castle and the same distance in the opposite direction to the city centre. The ncp car parking is also subsidised on booking out.
You pay for what you get,this is a 3* hotel and we had a great deal booked and we were thoroughly satisfied with the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Whitestar65
Reviewed 7 April 2012

It's officially the worst hotel I have stayed in - booked non smoking room a month in advance: first got a disabled room, came down, said all I wanted was double non smoking, changed room, it was a SMOKING room, was then told, they had none left, make do.. had to be in a smelly room all night.. the staff talk to you like scum and you certainly get a scummy return. Even for one night, it was a disturbing experience.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank johnjames86
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel for one night (2nd April 2012). I couldn t resist the room rate of £30 and so made the booking. We stay at various hotels across the uk (from Hiltons/Marriotts to Premier Inns),when my son takes part in tournaments. as we do this fairly regularly I am always on the lookout for a bargin! However after booking the one night at the Brittania Hotel, I became very worried when reading the reviews (mostly very bad ones !) on travel sites. The night before I almost rang and cancelled, However, theis was our experience: The receptionist at checkin was extremely polite and helpful : He even gave me the key to a rom on the 7th Floor to go and see if I liked the room (as I d said " oh no......not the 7th foor, that s been given TERRIBLE reviews!" He was so nice about it and I duely went to have a look . It was a large ,bright room with 2 double beds and 2 bathrooms. Yes the furniture was a bit chipped in places and the carpet a little threadbare towards the door: but the bathrooms were very clean and the bed linen crisp white. I was so relieved !!!! We accepted that room and ate later in the hotel lounge/bar. We were virtually the only people in there . The area was comfy, and welcoming. The food was very well priced (from the bar menu) and both dishes were good. The staff in the bar were also friendly . There was no noise at night (as some reports say) and myself and my son slept very well that night . Breakfsat was good/.wIth the usual selection of hot items on the buffet ,along with breads /fruits/ hams/ cheeses and pastries. We were in a bit of a rush that morning and wished we d had more time to savour breakfast properly. So for the money, location, service ,room ,food and experience we will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Needing to catch a very early flight from East Midlands Ibooked this very cheaply with some trepidation but was pleasantly surprised.
Efficient but not overly friendly reception but was offered an early morning call. I was on the seventh floor which was quiet ( Nottingham never seems to sleep). The room was tired but clean with tea and coffee and a good shower. Would stay again but not for a holiday

Room Tip: The higher the better