1,292 results
All reviews city pad privilege room complimentary soft drinks city centre lace market car park fletcher gate nespresso machine bars and restaurants air con lovely hotel street noise one way system multi storey hotel bar saturday night great central location motorpoint arena
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

I have actually used hotel a couple of times and don't know why I came back - this place is so bad

Rooms - I had a horrible room on the 4th floor which is really noisy due to drunken locals (was the same last time). It's that bad there is ear phones by the bed

Staff - the most lazy unfriendly people I have met. Bar staff would not order food as it was 10, if you want it go to your room and order room service.
Check in - aggressively asked for ID then could not process my Acor loyalty card. Wanted me gone quickly so he could go outside for a cigarette

In fairness Internet and breakfast were fine

Never again will I be back here

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Linforth, Operations Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for finding the time to submit this review.

I am very sorry you feel we are an 'Awful Hotel'. I know it is not the 'normal thing to do' but I do strongly disagree with this comment. However, I appreciate this is your opinion. I also appreciate we do not get everything right all of the time and therefore errors can and will occur. Having been a guest who has stayed with us a number of times before our very central lively location should have come as no surprise to you on this most recent stay. Our ear plugs are supplied as we understand not all guests are used to staying and sleeping in a city centre location. Therefore our guests usually welcome the option of ear plugs to drown out any unfamiliar city sounds at night should they be a light sleeper.

Where my reception team can sometimes be 'too efficient' at times and can therefore come across a little too ‘sterile’, I would certainly never describe them as aggressive. We receive far more positive comments from reviewers that complement the team here at the hotel which does give me faith that they are not as you say. However, I thank you for your opinion.

Once again, I totally appreciate we do not get everything right all of the time and will certainly take your comments on board and address any issue should I receive repeat feedback.

I very much hope your alternative hotel next time you stay in Nottingham meets your expectations.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Attended my firms Xmas Party on Friday 11th at this superb hotel.
We had a function room to ourselves( the party was attended by about 80 ).
3 course dinner- The starter came out in no time at all, and the Turkey Dinner
followed soon after. The Xmas pudding finished the meal off.
We were then ushered to a side bar whilst the tables were cleared, and the room prepared for the Disco that was
to follow, and end at Midnight.
A great night in a great hotel.

Stayed: December 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased we were able to have the pleasure of hosting your Christmas party. I am delighted you had such a good time and enjoyed the meal which we provided as part of your celebrations.

Thank you once again for your review. The team and I very much hope we can welcome you back to Mercure Hotel Nottingham upon your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

This is very well situated for the city centre shops. The hotel is now a very modern one but has claims to be Nottingham's longest established hotel. Our room was small but clean and contained everything you would expect. The only negative was that the wardrobe was actually a pole from the wall which would not be suitable for travellers with lots of hanging clothing. It was fine for our two night stay. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was fine and for us that is very important!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alanthebrown
Linforth, Operations Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to submit this.

I am truly delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for the wonderful comments about our housekeeping standards and bedroom facilities.

Only our smallest of our room types have the wardrobe space as you describe so for those who require larger wardrobes we recommend booking one of the larger room grades. However, we find those guests that do book the smaller room types do usually find what is offered in the room is suitable for their stay.

Thank you once again for your review. I thank you for all of your comments and very much hope we can welcome you back to Mercure Hotel Nottingham upon your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Central hotel but not in a noisy area, very nice room very helpful staff especially Alex on reception nothing too much trouble, would stay again. Handy for shopping and Central FM Arena which is just a short walk away

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for finding the time to submit this review. I really do appreciate it.

The wonderful comment about Alex is also appreciated and will certainly be passed onto him. I am very pleased our location was also ideal for your stay.

Thank you once again for your review. I very much hope we can welcome you back to Mercure Hotel Nottingham upon your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Hotel is easy to get too and having been to Nottingham before I new what carparks to look out for. I would recommend stoney Street. Short walk from there to hotel but it's central, close to the arena and close to town for some drinks, food and shopping. Hotel it's self was good, clean and the staff were helpful when needed. In our room I thought the shower was quite low and would be a struggle for 6' plus but am told this is not in all rooms by friends! Would definitely come back.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be ideal for your stay in the city.

Thank you also for the comments with regards to our housekeeping standards and helpful staff. This is very kind of you to mention.