All reviews retail park pizza hut city centre executive room canal towpath two double beds hungry horse castle marina ample free parking air con hot buffet decent hotel hotel restaurant comfortable stay good nights sleep stayed one night reception staff
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Good location for visiting Nottingham and the surrounding areas. Polite staff. Executive rooms are comfortable and spacious enough for a couple of nights stay. The breakfast is of reasonable quality.

The first weekend I stayed here they put a £25 hold on my card and the following weekend they put a £50 hold on my card. I don't imagine there will be a rush for these amounts to be cleared from my card. It bothers me that they do this because first of all it questions the guests honesty and secondly as an adult I've learnt that should I ask for something that is not free of charge, I will be required to pay for it. So, one star lost for that.

I strongly recommend that you check there are no extra charges added to your bill. Checking out this morning after a two night stay and was billed for a can of coke from the mini bar - £2 I think. Firstly, we never have anything from any mini bar as the prices are ridiculous. Secondly, they seemed to blame the housemaid for adding the charge and yet because we were only staying two nights, I requested that the housemaid not clean the room as there was no need so she/He had not been in our room during our stay! That is why another star was lost.
The mini bar does include a tiny bottle of mineral water and a bar of chocolate complimentary to guests. The first time a Snickers the second time a Mars bar. Nice touch but it does mean breaking the Mars bar in half as there is only one despite there being two guests in the room. Maybe a round of rock, paper scissors or an arm wrestle could determine the lucky person to win a whole Mars bar to themself

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
HImanagerNTM, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Torypops1,

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Holiday Inn Nottingham.
Regarding the pre-authorization it is a holding of £25.00 per night; it is in place to protect you as a client and it gives you the chance to charge back to your room if you would like to order anything while staying with us.
If the amount has not been released please contact us and we will contact your bank as it is not the hotel holding the amount.
We do apologize about the misunderstanding about the charge of the minibar, I will investigate things further so this kind of mistakes do not happen again.
Regarding the Mars bar and the bottle of water, you are wright; we do apologize about that as well! Our housekeeping department clearly missed the fact that there was 2 people in that room.
I have added notes to your profile so next time when you will be staying with us you will receive a free upgrade to our newly refurbished Executive room and I will check myself the room regarding the Mars bars and the bottles of water.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night,very good location,close to Trent Bridge the canal shops and restaurants.accomodation very good room spotless.Bathroom very good. Breakfast excellent,good choice.One area area of dissapointment,we stayed in room 318, at 7.15 am a noise like a shower continually running can be heard, coming from the wall to the bathroom.Everything else was fine, would come again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Thank billy .
HImanagerNTM, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Billy .

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Nottingham. Our fantastic location is preferred by a lot of our guests going to the cricket ground and we are happy that you choose us for your short break.
We will investigate the matter with our maintenance team; no noise should disturb our guests specially on the 3rd floor. We do apologize about that.
We are pleased to read that you will stay with us again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Good size rooms, helpful staff and a good size car park. Easy to find without getting too into town!
Only 5 mins from the town centre by taxi but close to a few restaurants too!
Would stay again I when I I got back to Nottingham.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo L
HImanagerNTM, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Jo L,

Thank you for offering such a great review!
Indeed Holiday Inn Nottingham is perfectly located just 1 mile away from the City Center offering our guests a good night sleep due to the quiet location and our comfortable new beds.
Complimentary ample parking on site is a massive bonus as well;
It is great to hear that you would choose Holiday Inn Nottingham for any future visits.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here. Family room with double and 2 singles on the ground floor.
Comfortable beds and good shower in bathroom. Clean room. Quit area.
Good breakfast, friendly staff. Would happily stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Poole-UK-Traveller

Dear Poole-UK-Traveller,

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Nottingham; thank you for taking the time to offer a review.
I will make sure to pass your lovely comments on to our team and we are pleased to hear that you would stay with us again.

Hope to see you again soon.

Abby Rischer,

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stanard at best. Needs a make over, tap dripping, dirty shower head. Bed lumpy a d staff less thab happy to help, looked exhausted as ig been up all night. Breakfast average, location acceptable, very noisy hotel didnt bother us but maybe an issue for some. If desperately needed accommodation I would still book it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanna O
HImanagerNTM, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Joanna O,

Thank you for offering a review for Holiday Inn Nottingham.
We are sorry to hear that you had a less pleasant stay with us. Our hotel has gone through a major refurbishment process that resulted in 54 brand new bedrooms out of 128. We have plans to continue our refurbishment process in 2019 and carry on with the lobby area so next time when you stay with us I will make sure that you will receive a newly refurbished room. Our old rooms have been touched as well, the Air Conditioning system has been changed in all our bedrooms and Sky channels are a big bonus as well for our bedrooms. I will make sure that maintenance issues have been raised and your comments been passed to all relevant teams.

Hope to have the chance to serve you again soon.