Igloo Backpackers Hostel
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$ 53
Agoda.com
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
Priceline
US$ 73
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvictoria bus stationbunk bedsnice kitchenmemory foam mattressshared bathroommain buildingfree tea and coffeecity centrefree wifiother guestsmain receptionhot waterrescue roomsshower roomroom keystayed here for one nightenjoyable stay
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed with my friends for a weekend away. I had read on the website that is was a quiet hostel, which was perfect for us. However I stayed in the annexe and the room opposite me played loud music until 5 am. Banging on doors, singing etc. they were also sick all over the bathroom.
Worst night sleep ever.
Very disappointing due to the thin walls. Was expecting as quiet hostel as was advertised...

• Stayed: April 2012
igloohostel, Manager at Igloo Backpackers Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback!
I am truly sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise coming from the adjacent room. We do strive to be a quiet hostel and advertise our Annexe building as such. It is always disappointing to hear that a rare handful of guests do not respect this when booking a stay with us.
Once again, please accept my sincere apology!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked a four bed room for three nights. Having never been to Nottingham before I was a bit nervous but Igloo was simple to find. Although we were too early for our rooms we were able to leave our stuff at the hostel and go to the Tesco's down the road, kindly directed to by the staff.
We were in the annexe, over the road from the main hostel and it was a lovely building- newly refurbished and spacious with free wifi! The bathrooms were proper bathrooms rather than cubicles and the kitchen was large and well stocked. The building was spotlessly clean.
Only slight downside was that the room faced onto the main street so it was a bit noisy, but if you take earplugs you are fine.
Oh and the free tea and coffee make it! Overall, the best hostel I've been in to date- recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback.
We love that you love what we do :)

Reviewed 19 October 2011

My first time at the Igloo was when I went with a group of friends in 2008. The twelve of us filled up the Caravan (every dorm has got a name) and we spent four fab days. Since the staff were very helpful and friendly and most of the residents cool guys, I decided to stay there a bit longer (my friends flew back to Italy while I stayed in England another month) instead of going straight to London to visit friends.

I ended up staying there two weeks because it was like being in a big family. We often had dinner together and went out sightseeing or dancing with some of the other guests/residents. Furthermore, beds are comfy, showers work properly, you get free tea/coffee and wi-fi, while laundry is available paying a small fee.

This year I went again and, although the employees have changed, the staff-girls I met are as nice and helpful as the girls in 2008 (I guess the boss has got an eye for choosing staff!) as well as most of the residents.
I also visited the new Annexe and found it amazing! Neatly furnished rooms, memory-foam mattrasses and lovely bathrooms…can’t wait to go back again!!!

If you sleep in a dorm, the only drawback is that you have to wear earplugs because some people snore!

Not only would I recommend the Igloo hostel, I urge you to go there in case you are in the Notts neighbourhood cuz there’s no better money for value place around town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Having made an initial reservation at the Midtown Hostel in Nottingham City Centre for Friday 14th October on arrival I could not get access to stay (see my review). Luckily for me I had the Igloo contact details handy and although it was fairly late in the evening I was able to make an immediate reservation - which was duly obligated (take note Midtown) and I had my bed for the night!
Charlie who took my call was extremely helpful and understanding and once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find a very well run, clean and comfortable hostel with superb facilities and close to city centre. I would happily use Igloo again and thoroughly recommend for people on a budget should they wish to stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TerryBen69
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Very clean, newly furnished and equipped, well equipped, very nice kitchen, comfortable mattresses, free coffee tea and wifi, good suggestions for nightlife activities.

We'll be back!