“Marriott Northampton - excellent business venue and great place to stay”

Northampton Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for a one night's stay followed by business seminar the following day.

Hotel is in great location, close to motorways etc. My room was on the ground floor and was spacious and clean.

I found all staff to be exceptionally helpful and professional.

Used the swimming pool which wasn't massive and not for those who want to do lengths but good to have these facilities.

Food was excellent and receptionist recommended a visit to Centre MK which was around 30 minutes drive away. For those who love shopping, it doesn't look much from the outside but definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had been invited to Sunday Lunch by members of my family.
Arrived at 1.00p.m hotel quiet. Bar staff could not speak good enough English to understand our order. drinks took 20 minutes to arrive.
Carvery lunch in restaurant. The tomato soup had croutons in it that must have been there for hours. Soggy.
Main course vegetables over cooked to the point of soggy. Yorkshire puddings were not home made and reminded me of a well known brand you can pick up at your local supermarket.
The vegetarian option was the vegetables for the cavery.
Restaurant safe were attentive but food of a very poor standard. Not surprised it was quiet even on valentine's weekend.
If I had not been a guest of the family I would have complained there and then and certainly not paid.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mitch1804
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Bit out of the way but ideal for a stopover if travelling on the M1. Rooms are good, beds very comfy, the price was good. Don't think however they have a lift but they did offer to carry our luggage to our second floor room. The breakfast was excellent. Car park is a bit dark at night. I would use again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently attending the wedding of a friend of mine. This hotel is at an excellent standard and the staff are friendly and welcoming. The rooms were comfortable spotlessly clean. I noticed that the wedding party were very well taken care of and it if I was booking a wedding there was plenty of staff on duty. The wedding reception room was decorated beautifully I was very impressed. The food was served quickly and it was hot. A negative was that it there was very little main course on the plate and no extra helpings as I felt I could have enjoyed some more vegatables which were hardly seen on the plate. Overall if I visit Northampton again I would check into the Marriott as my stay there was really nice. Lastly but not least the manager on duty was very professional paying attention to any querie and being helpful in any way he could. His professionalism was also seen in the staff working in the Marriottt. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mollies876
Reviewed 2 November 2011

On arriving at this hotel at 4pm it was apparant that a wedding party was going on inside the hotel. Unsupervised young children were running around the ground floor hallways of the hotel outside of guest bedrooms. The receptionist had to shout over the noise to give us relevant information for our stay ie breakfast times etc. Luckily our room was on the first floor.

At 8pm we decided to get something to eat and as the wedding party had completely taken over both the hotel bar, restaurant and reception area we left the hotel to find a restaurant. The young children were still running around the guest room hallways at this time.

On arrival back to the hotel at 11pm there were a large number of wedding guests standing in the hotel entrance drinking and smoking. We had to push our way through them - how uninviting! There were drunken wedding guests inside the hotel reception and the children were still running around the hallways within the hotel. Surely the hotel has the facility to close doors within the hotel for the other paying guests. Also I am sure that the wedding party had hired a room so as much as possible should've been kept in that room.

This hotel did not give a thought for any guests who were not attending the wedding.

Also the pillows were hard and very uncomfortable and we did not get a good nights sleep.

At breakfast we had to keep asking the waitress for orange juice (as there was none left with 1 hour of breakfast to go) - waited 10 minutes and as they didn't seem bothered in replenishing had to ask. Had to ask for bread as the bread had long run out for the toaster. The staff were very unefficient.

I have stayed in other Marriott hotels and always had a very pleasant experience but this one didn't seem to be at the usual Marriott standard.

Room Tip: If there is a wedding going on make sure you are on the first floor and don't plan to eat in the...