“Superb brunch, favourite coffee spot in York.”
Review of Burr Coffee

Burr Coffee
Ranked #47 of 989 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Description: Independently owned licensed café and food bar located in the centre of York opposite Museum Gardens. Great spot to meet friends for brunch, lunch or our excellent North Star coffee and homemade cakes. Listed in the Independent Coffee Guide 2017.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Top notch coffee, 5 star (North star roasters Leeds), eggs bennidict and eggs florantine are as good as it gets, again 5 star, cakes are good, 4 star. Overall the best coffee spot we’ve found in York. Service was excellent, Well done guys! Defo be back.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stumbled across this for lunch and it was so good! Great coffee and lunch menu and a wonderful selection of homemade cakes. Great staff and lovely music playing. Perfect!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Not a big place, but big in quality and value. Excellent sandwiches and good coffee.
We had the mix veggie sandwich and crushed avocado on sourdough - deeeeelish!!
You do get jammed in a bit, but it gives a nice buzz to the place. Always nice to get a jug of iced tapped water without feeling guilty for not buying a bottle (not even sure they sell bottled water). Nice young staff that seem to enjoy what they are doing -which is always noce to see. Great service.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

While working in York I came across this little gem of a cafe where I called in for breakfast one cold day. Straight away I was greeted with a friendly smile I found the food to be absolutely lovely with excellant perentation . Hot drinks are at a good drinkable temperture & if your a tea drinker like me its served with loose leaf tea in a tea pot that strains the tea. I have now been back numus times for breakfast & some times even for lunch & I have always enjoyed what I have had to eat. I will deiantly continue to call in when ever I'm in York. So if you visit York yourself dont miss out why not call in Burr yourself for something to eat or simple a drink & cake. I'm sure you wont be dissapionted.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for somewhere to have lunch, choose Burr, went in with 4 friends, happy to rearrange tables should this be required, ordered the mushroom on sourdough, was the best lunch I have had in ages, even recommended the bakery so we could buy some of their bread!

We will be back.