“10th Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 39
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Lime House is a lovely place to eat, meet and be merry. Excellent food & wine & a relaxed and friendly atmosphere are complemented by welcoming staff, soft candlelight & intimate jazz music. The regularly changing menu has a Modern British flavour and all dishes are prepared freshly to order, using local produce. Good Vegetarian choices are available & specialist diets such as Gluten Free or Vegan can be catered for with advance notification. A delightful culinary experience.
Reviewed 21 January 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in York for a long weekend for our anniversary and decided to try out The Lime House based on trip advisor reviews.

We were not disappointed at all the location was great, it was very quiet when we went (3 tables occupied) the staff were attentive but not overbearing.

The food was excellent and more in quantity than I anticipated I had the Parma ham and Stilton to start my wife had the crayfish tails both of which were superb, followed by the haddock for my wife and I had the chicken, again excellent.

After our meals and a few drinks we asked for the bill and I was shocked at how good value it was for all we had.

Arguably the best ambient, independent restaurant in York &
I will most certainly be returning soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Lime House after previously having an outstanding meal here, so decided to come back for a romantic meal. The service was to a high standard and yet again the food was truly out of this world. We both had the trio of beef for main and were very satisfied customers. See you again soon!
Karen

1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 9 January 2015

Set lunch menu delicious, imaginative and very good value, excellent wines by the glass or carafe so a choice of 4 different sizes, proper restrained restaurant décor, charming service. Even an up to date website telling you all you need to know. All evidence of really thinking through what the customer wants so for that a (rare for me) five stars.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Went there for New Years eve. Staff welcoming and friendly, nice atmosphere and food was delicious would definatley recommend.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Two of us ate here just after Christmas and the food was very good. We each had three courses, all different, and none disappointed. We were seated in the back which was cold, lacking atmosphere and a little quiet and not enough attention was paid by the staff. I do hate having to go looking for the bill and again to pay it. That being said, the staff were young and very polite and pleasant. Perhaps just a little more instruction by the management is required. I realise that restaurants are likely to be quiet at this time of year. I will visit again next time in York.