“Stay well away ”

Yorkshire's Winter Wonderland
Ranked #84 of 214 things to do in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Yorkshire’s Winter Wonderland, York’s magical festive experience, will return to the grounds of McArthur Glen’s York Designer Outlet this winter incorporating outdoor ice skating on the North of England’s largest outdoor ice rink, a traditional funfair, Santa’s grotto, Christmas shopping and exciting new Scandi-licious treats from PapaKitchen.Tickets for ice skating at The Ice Factor are on sale
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After having to re-mortgage my house just to take the children ice skating here, we encountered the worst family day out we’ve ever had. Not only was the ice an absolute mess with huge chunks missing, not one member of staff offered to help my child to skate even after he was declined a skating aid. I then made a complaint and although I know you don’t give refunds I’d have liked some alternative. The man I was referred too - the ‘manager’ - was the most helpless human and was so rude. He was more interested in flirting with the girl in the box office than talking to me. I’ve been the last two years and it was wonderful, obviously management has gone down hill. Such a shame.

2  Thank YorkExplorer1096
in 9 reviews
"grotto"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Had to come off the ice after 10 minutes because it resembled a swimming pool and not a ice ring due to mild weather! Complained at the time. They we're not interested in offering a refund or even a pass to another date? Total waste of £50...

1  Thank nickicurly
Reviewed 27 January 2018

The ice rink itself was great and my kids loved it, especially as it was snowing the day they went. However I have only given it a 3 star because the staff who were running it were very unfriendly and miserable. One guy even totally blanked me when I asked for his help and carried on talking to the other member of staff in the booth with him.The only staff I met that I found friendly and helpful were in the drinks marquee. Sorry but this let it down fro me!

2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Lovely atmosphere and nice little treat xmas eve, however the amount of money they charge really should ensure the ice remains as ice is was like skating in a paddling pool...a mild few days and thousands visiting I imagine around the xmas period, happy to take everyone’s money surely should be put to better use and improve maintenance for a much better customer experience I felt this was a big let down !!!