Review Highlights
Afternoon ice skating with the kiddies

Reviewed 15 January 2018

from US$ 17.00
from US$ 15.10
from US$ 19.70
More Info
All reviews ice skating lovely hot chocolate york designer outlet mulled wine value for money skates snowman penguins boating christmassy session dodgems grotto marquee fab
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Wonderful Father Christmas setup. Do book to avoid disappointment! We take our two every year. The 6 year old is enthralled and our 17 year old still insists on going as well. The ice rink is brilliant, it caters for little ones with snowmen they can use to help stand up. Even bigger ones for us rubbish adults who have no choice but to skate even though 50 %of the time is sitting on wet ice. Some good stalls and rides for kids of all ages. We also get to sit in the pop up cafe and drink mulled wine and watch the other loonies stumble on the ice. Good other food as well. All in all a magical night out, especially straight afer school in the last week before Christmas. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After having to re-mortgage my house just to take the children ice skating here, we encountered the worst family day out we’ve ever had. Not only was the ice an absolute mess with huge chunks missing, not one member of staff offered to help my child to skate even after he was declined a skating aid. I then made a complaint and although I know you don’t give refunds I’d have liked some alternative. The man I was referred too - the ‘manager’ - was the most helpless human and was so rude. He was more interested in flirting with the girl in the box office than talking to me. I’ve been the last two years and it was wonderful, obviously management has gone down hill. Such a shame.

7  Thank YorkExplorer1096
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Had to come off the ice after 10 minutes because it resembled a swimming pool and not a ice ring due to mild weather! Complained at the time. They we're not interested in offering a refund or even a pass to another date? Total waste of £50...

3  Thank nickicurly
Reviewed 27 January 2018

The ice rink itself was great and my kids loved it, especially as it was snowing the day they went. However I have only given it a 3 star because the staff who were running it were very unfriendly and miserable. One guy even totally blanked me when I asked for his help and carried on talking to the other member of staff in the booth with him.The only staff I met that I found friendly and helpful were in the drinks marquee. Sorry but this let it down fro me!

2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Lovely atmosphere and nice little treat xmas eve, however the amount of money they charge really should ensure the ice remains as ice is was like skating in a paddling pool...a mild few days and thousands visiting I imagine around the xmas period, happy to take everyone’s money surely should be put to better use and improve maintenance for a much better customer experience I felt this was a big let down !!!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Wasn't expecting much but had a blast. Clean smooth ice, not overly packed but all the same busy. Family all had fun with no hassles, decent price. Great lighting as it became dark, Coffee house did basic coffee no latte - dont understand why not better choice? Customer service was good.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Great experience. Could of been made better as I felt over crowded and not able to skate freely enough to enjoy it. Ice wasn’t smooth and was told the machine couldn’t be used as it was too cold. Also told they were just sweeping the top off every other session, however when our session finished out came the machine. The ice was all smooth and nice after that so wasn’t happy after being told differently.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Great fun, well organised and good value for money. Suitable for all ages and the attendants were very helpful

1  Thank MapleMiss
Reviewed 14 January 2018

A good Christmas activity as my partner and daughter joined me on the ice. My daughter had a penguin to aid her scating was it was her first time.
We had a brilliant time, my only issues were that we were mainly skating on about an inch surface water which could have done with clearing more often and the penguins could do with being heavier on the bottom as they were quite easily tipped over.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Great skating session. Took daughter and her friend and they had a great time. Staff very helpful and attentive. Good value for money and the café views the ice - if you are travelling with people who don't skate at least they can sit in the warm and watch - not like Hyde Park where you have to stand in the cold and rain.