“Simple, yet elaborated, extra fresh food”
Review of Ambience - CLOSED

Ambience
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ambience has the most beautiful city walled garden with minster views! Inside is small and intimate with a very warm and friendly atmosphere. Out side we have a covered area with has heaters for the colder days and evenings also we have a graveled area and a garden area to relax in!You must come and have a look you will be very impressed
Reviewed 16 July 2012

A very small, but not overcrowded, quiet and friendly place with jolly nice staff and first grade british cook and owner.
I have not so sweet a tooth,but my wife does have one, and the two of us had very excellent sweet delicacies at the Ambience cafe bar.

There are newer reviews for Ambience

Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

A friend and I were having a reunion in York so as usual I turned to Trip Advisor for guidance. On reading the reviews Ambience cafe afternoon tea sounded perfect for our needs. Wanting tomake sure we had a booking secured and also given that they claim they can cater for all needs I completed the online enquiry form about a week prior to our visit - no reply which wasn't a good first impression! Regardless we went anyhow but the very limited cake selection ( 2 choices and only one slice of lemon left) coupled with the fact that we had not been able to pre warn them about our other needs meant we decided not to go for the full afternoon tea, that said the food we did have was delicious and the place did live up to the good reviews in terms of food quality and atmosphere! I would go back for lunch but there are multiple other cafes in York where the range of cakes is greater. The scone selection was also rather limited !

Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you for your post. I would first like to apologize that you did not receive a reply. I did have one email address booking that I replied to a number of times but it kept bouncing back this may have been yours?

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the food that ordered and hope we will see you again!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is a hidden gem. The small cosy shop front expands into a covered court yard and open garden area set against the York walls. A tranquil spot where you can sit and relax in the middle of the lively city of York.

The owner and chef makes all the lovely cakes.....lemon drizzle and scones are my favourite. The staff are pleasant and take time to make you feel very welcome and special. Specials board is always interesting.

I will be taking my husband to the next vegetarian themed night. I will be setting off to have an early breakfast the next time I am working in York.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Called in for lunch on day out to York. Very friendly efficient staff .Lovely surroundings and really great food. The sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever had ( and I've had a lot !! ). Highly recommended and we will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Visited Ambience Cafe for lunch whilst spending the night in York. The cafe itself was cosy and nicely decorated with a lovely looking outdoor garden area which wasn't explored due to the weather! We ordered soup and a sandwich with a pot of tea all which was very nice, the rest of the menu looked good too especially the breakfast so we’d love to go back and try!
We did however return the next day to purchase their spicy tomoto and onion chutney which was delicious! The staff we met were all very friendly and happy to help, we shall be visiting again soon.