“Excellent ”

Ranked #80 of 994 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 52
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real and authentic italian food with strong sardinian influence.Good selection of home-made fresh pasta , regional italian dishes, fantastic pizzas cooked in a real wood burn pizza oven .large screen tv featuring all the major european leagues games live.Original wine list with all the best sardinian wines at great prices.
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Il Paradiso del Cibo is a modest restaurant that provides outstanding dining - I can’t remember having better Italian food.

Please look to the specials board when you go. There is a starter option that consists of layers of grilled aubergine oven baked in a tomato sauce with mozzarella, Parmesan and garlic, i can’t recommend it enough, it’s just perfect. I followed up with an excellent ravioli in a tomato sauce with hints of orange.

The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is informal. A definite highlight of my trip. My thanks and congratulations to the chef and all the staff.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The Seating at this venue is comewhat compact but it's not meant to be a fancy flashy place.

The specials menu is a bonus & we had a lovely wine to accompany our meal.

The desserts was the only slight let down. YES they are home made but Who's home ?

I'd still recommend this place though.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Visited on Friday night, it was busy so booked for later on that night, good food and bustling atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Went through the trip advisor reviews for this little gem and I have got to say we were not disappointed.

Fantastic atmosphere along side friendly welcoming staff make this place a must visit!!

Food was outstanding the best lasagne I have ever tasted and my wife’s four cheese pizza was very tasty.

Deserts were delicious.

You must try this place.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This crazy little restaurant never fails to please. Not been for a year as we live in London but whenever in York we make directly for this gem. The food is just fantastic. I had very tasty pappardelle Filetto tartufo whilst my wife enjoyed the Malloreddus Campionese. The Langoustines for starters were lovely. All washed down with a bottle of Costera. If we lived in York we'd be here every month. The staff are friendly and on hand to explain the dishes if required. Still a cash only venture so be mindful before settling down. Enjoy your meal.