Imagine yourself in the English countryside, walking in the gardens with Mr. Darcy. If that idea appeals to you, then find some time to stay at Middlethorpe Hall. The main house is gorgeous and the coach houses looked lovely. The service was amazing, exactly what you expect from a stately hall. I was there for a business meeting, but suspect that most stay for leisure. The only downside to Middlethorpe Hall is that it is about 2.5 miles outside of York, so a taxi is needed to get to/from the city center - which is equally charming. I would think this would be a great weekend retreat - either for a couple or a group of girlfriends (there is a spa)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York