We were only able to stay one night and found it initially because it was close to York Crematorium - where were were attending a funeral. However, our short stay there was bliss!
Not only because of the surroundings, but because of the wonderful attentive and friendly service from every single one of the staff. We had been upgraded to a better room and all our requests for type of bedding when originally booking were met. We were impressed by the attention to detail. Complementary morning tea with the Yorkshire post was so much nicer than the usual kettle in the room. Dinner in the restaurant was divine. The surroundings are relaxing and impressive. The spa pool was also really nice. It may seem expensive, but it is totally worth it. I'd much rather stay at this superb hotel than longer elsewhere. Thank you so much! Cathy A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York