me and my husband went here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, he told me i could book whichever hotel i wanted so i chose this one and he sorted it out. As soon as we arrived we were met with a smile, both been 25 we have been in other hotels that have looked down on us and these have been 3 star hotels so this was very refreshing. The women behind the reception was very helpful and explained all about facilities. when she asked our name she smiled to herself and said congratulations on your 1st anniversary on behalf of the hotel we would like to upgrade you. they well and truelly did to the juinor suite.
Totally amazing the room was immaculate and the man who name i cannot remember who showed us to the room explained everything so i didnt have cold water. A card was left from the hotel saying congrats and chocolate my mum had arranged to be there.
Just every detail was taken care of yes an i pod dock would've been helpful with the surround sound in bathroom but just been in such an amazing room was plenty and having such great service. our heated floor worked we thought didnt but just turned everything on and it was fine (common sense)
cannot say enough praise the feel of the hotel was so welcoming and no one been snobbish (dont think u can be with a yorkshire accent!) my husband has said whenever we go to york we are staying there no matter what room as the experience will still be great as the team here and surroundings are faultless. Just a shame some people go to get anything they can you get more respect if your nice and dont threaten them.
soon to be very regular customer and rest of friends and family who are fed up already me going on about it and jealous!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa