“Meat lovers paradise!”
Review of Vaqueiros

Vaqueiros
Ranked #56 of 993 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 33
Description: Here at Vaqueiros, we offer a traditional Brazilian dining experience with authentic Rodizio style service alongside an exquisite choice of fresh, prime cuts of meat. Vaqueiros, the classic horse-mounted livestock herders, brought their trade across to America in the early 16th Century as well as their unique cooking style, and now we're bringing it to York.
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Nice place, came on a Thursday evening, decent atmosphere with live singer. Salad is tasty and meat delicious - great choice of red wine by the waiter. Really enjoyed it and would be back, a different way to dine

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, decent selection of salad and all the meat you can eat! I could hardly walk after I'd finished, I'm taking a wheelchair with me next time.

1  Thank pavjb
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Having experienced Brazilian food in Lisbon and had a great meal at a Brazilian restaurant in in Beverley my wife and I popped into Vaqueiros in York on a Monday lunchtime. The place was quite empty so service was excellent and my wife really enjoyed a traditional cocktail. However the food was very average and totally based on beef which we found a bit boring. A reasonable restaurant but not brilliant.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Went late afternoon on a Friday and got seated straight away. The self service salad buffet had all the usual fresh salad but also had prawns, meatballs and pork in black bean sauce and more on offer, so it’s easy to not leave enough for your main! The meats were brought to the table and then portions were sliced off for you to put on your plate. The lunch menu doesn’t have all the same selection of meats as the dinner menu but there was plenty of it (rump, flank, gammon, sausage, chicken thigh + more). My wife likes meat cooked well done and I prefer medium and they managed to accommodate this for us. Staff were friendly and explained how the service worked. It was good value considering how much food you got. Great place if you have a big appetite and like meat. Might be more lively on a night as it was very quiet when we visited.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Picked this restaurant because my daughter is at Uni in York and she loves meat. Service was exemplary, the staff couldn't do enough for us. The meat was plentiful and came out every few minutes and was delicious (except for the pork belly which was very chewy).The lamb and chicken was delicious and the different steaks were beautifully cooked. My only gripe was the salad bar which wasn't a patch on Fazenda's (similar set up but not in York) The lettuce was a little tired and the selection wasn't huge. We were recommended a bin end by the waiter which was very good and well priced. The restaurant lacked a little atmosphere but that may be because we ate quite late (8.30) and less than half the tables were occupied.