“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of The Go Down

The Go Down
Reserve with OpenTable
The Go Down is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 990 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 48
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic service and absolutely beautiful meal. A hot loaf arrived to start, then the fish balls, we had pork and a fillet steak as a main and was amazing!!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We had the set menu on bank holiday Monday. Staff were nice but we had a few miscommunications - well done egg on gammon steak .... Frazzled gammon steak. However the rest of the food was lovely and great portion sizes. (Apart from the sausage and mash - which was a small portion compared to the other meals - but the veg portions helped ). My dad requested peppercorn sauce and was charged £2.50 extra for this. Should it not be part of the meal? Otherwise everything else was lovely. The pale rose wine was delicious and the rest of the meals were all eaten with no complaints. Would def recommend and the chef came out for a quick chat which was a really nice touch. This restaurant would be lovely for a romantic meal and I liked the varied choices on the set menu.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I discovered The Go Down in May when they catered for 30 or so of us for a staff conference one evening, very successfully. Been with my family a number of times since, most recently last month during the Ebor Festival. On each occasion I have eaten off the early bird menu, which offers an excellent choice of great food, at an equally great price. The service is very good, as is the atmosphere, especially once the restaurant begins to fill up. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

It was a very quiet evening when we arrived at the restaurant. The food was delicious. As a picky eater, I can struggle to find something I like but I requested a salad with a well done poached egg and it was delicious. The mains were also excellent. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the only disappointment was that we had no room for dessert. The staff were lovely and we really enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Although it was a quiet night, 2 days after a bank holiday the staff weren't to ocerbearing and in our faces, very polite, they had a good knowledge of the menu and knew about the ingredients of the dishes, which helped because of a food allergy. All in all a really pleasant meal.