1,351 results
All reviewswetherspoons hotelbalcony roomharbour viewthe long stay car parkfourth floorluxury roomreception stafflovely hotelexcellent locationcentral locationbottled waterper nightone night stayfamily roomcar parkingbiscuitsnice room
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I looked forward to stopping here as I love Whitby and enjoy Wetherspoons. It’s well located on the waterfront and the room was good except a major slope on the bedroom floor that made me feel drunk when I wasn’t! Having to pay for parking @ 9.50 a day plus breakfast did bring the price up quite a lot so bear that in mind. Also bringing your bags from the long stay parking behind the coop is a bit of a trek through the tourists and having to get the money in every day does take up some of your time. I think with Wetherspoons offering one of the best breakfasts I ever have when travelling, I was disappointed we didn’t get this as part of the deal. Still the bar staff are great, particularly upstairs and if you get a window seat when the windows are open, all the better.
The biggest downfall ... literally ... was the 6:30 a.m. beer barrel throwing challenge each morning for 45 minutes under our window. We did complain and Reception said they were dealing with it.
A good hotel all the same.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Angel H, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. As you can see from the many reviews, our rooms are particularly popular and being a very old building, many original features needed to remain, slightly sloping floors included! Most guests find this an interesting quirk to the room, however I can appreciate this is not to all tastes so I can only apologise. Unfortunately the car parking situation is completely out of our hands and we are totally at the mercy of Scarborough Borough Council. We are a grade II listed building and as such are very much governed with what can be done with the property. Like all other buildings in the centre of Whitby, we don't have the logistical space to provide car parking and after-all; our location is in an extremely prime part of town. Whitby has numerous public car parking facilities which are governed by Scarborough Borough Council for charges, of which even local residents do not benefit from any concessions whatsoever. If you were disturbed at all during your stay, then again I apologise, we do have a 24 hour manned reception and had you made our night manager aware he would have happily come and tried to rectify this for you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2018

a wetherspoons hotel, with the usual good variety of good food.
An excellent selection of beers, with very pleasant staff. The upstairs bar was very
cool in this hot spell as the french windows were open.The view over the harbour
is great.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Angel H, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about our hotel and restaurant. We are glad you had a pleasant experience with us.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I stayed there because I was attending something at the port nearly opposite. It was ideally located for that.
It was very comfortable and had air conditioning (which I did not use as I like the window open). There was no pub noise from the very well patronised Wetherspoons below and although I had a side room (most are) I was high enough to see Opposite side of the water and sun rise.
The staff were very helpful and though reception is not manned continually, approaching through the main entrance (and bar) is easier than finding the hotel side entrance hidden from view.
There are accessible rooms with wet rooms but these were booked as were those with showers not over a bath but everything else was roomy enough for my rolator to move about
Would I stay there again? Probably yes. I have told other beer fanciers and they might go
Would I eat there again? Probably not. The chairs are too soft and comfortable for relaxing but not firm for eating.
The food is very good for what you pay and everything is cooked to order. However there is a seafood town all around and fishing boats that bring in catches.

Room Tip: Talk to hotel about what you want
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about our hotel. We are glad you opted for us for your stay and very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed two nights in this Wetherspoons hotel. We were in an attic room (412) with sloping ceilings and uneven floor so quite quirky. Nice bathroom and a "lumpy" looking duvet/bed which I found quite off-putting. Seagulls were an absolute nuisance from a sleep point of view but I am realistic - it is right by the sea and it is to be expected, however, being in the attic meant they were sat on the top of us! Not quite sure if I enjoyed the "famous" Wetherspoons offering at breakfast which was shared with the general public and was well patronised.

Stayed: July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. The seagulls are particularly noisy at this time of year due to fledglings, but as you say, we are a seaside town with cliffs for habitation so will have seagulls residing long after we have all departed. I do hope you enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured that we have a team available 24 hours for our residents convenience, so are always on hand to rectify any issues you may have.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 July 2018

we really enjoyed our stay mainly due to the efficient and pleasant staff. The room was very clean and the refreshment tray was refilled daily by the hard working cleaning staff. The food in the restaurant was delicious and reasonable. We cannot praise Danielle on reception enough for her helpfulness and patience whilst we were trying to sort out a further stay, she also went over and above her duties capturing a seagull when a resident complained, she is an asset to wetherspoons. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: July 2018
Angel H, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us and will ensure Danielle is informed of your praise.