We stayed here for one night on our retun from Edingburgh and it was a sheer delight. We had a room with a four poster bed and a corner bath. Although the room was 'compact and bijou' it was so charming we fell in love with it. The location is superb as you are on the quaintly cobbled Church Street right in front of the Abbey and surrounded by lovely shops and pubs. The shop 'Shepherds Purse' sells all sorts of lovely local cheeses, breads and deli items as well as a selection of clothes and other weird and wonderful things. Although no breakfast is included, in the courtyard in from of the accomodation is a superb tea room that serves a divine full English breakfast for approx £5. Best breakfast we'd eaten in a long time! Really recommend this place if you are looking for a location in the heart of old Whitby - no amusement arcades on this side of the river but great fish and chips a minute walk away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Accommodation in the heart of the Old Town, situated on Whitby's popular East side. Nestled below the roof tops of Church Street is our hidden garden, with galleried court yard accommodation and pretty bedrooms decorated with stripped pine furniture and lacy curtains, four posters and brass bed steads. Private balconies and china cups. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shepherd`s Purse Hotel Whitby
- Shepherds Purse Hotel Whitby
- The Shepherd's Purse Whitby, North Yorkshire