For our thirtieth wedding anniversary we were looking for something really special -did we find it ? - well it was very nice. We heard about this hotel last year when it was offered as a viewer's prize on "Who wants to be a millionaire?". I looked it up on TA only to find that it was not yet open. On booking, in January, the receptionist was very helpful and booked us into room 106, a standard room, with facilities for the mobility impaired.
I walk with crutches and can manage steps if I have to. I was a little concerned, on arrival, to find the car park away from the hotel and involving a long steep walk. There is a parking area in front of the hotel but every bay is marked for guest registration only, except one reserved for the hotel's Rolls-Royce runabout.
As I parked next to the roller David, the concierge, came out to greet us and help with our luggage. David said that I could leave my car there for the duration. There are about 5 stone steps up to reception which I found difficult due to the taper - I could have walked round the long way, but did not.
The girls on reception were magnificent and David took us to our room whereupon he patiently showed how everything worked.
There was a bottle of champagne waiting and a lovely letter from the manager wishing us a happy anniversary.
The room was very pleasant and the bathroom was the best I have seen since my accident. There was a huge walk-in shower with a fold down seat and plenty of hand rails. The shower was easy to use and drained with out even wetting the bathroom floor.
We dined in the main restaurant and were very well looked after. The second night we shared Chateaubriand and on our last night we shared a whole Turbot, these were served with a touch of theatre being served on a carving trolley at our table.
At breakfast were shown to a table close to the most amazing buffet. The muesli was the best ever. There was a chef working at an omelette station making your choice to order.
Although Raithwaite Hall is a little on the expensive side I would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 80-acre Raithwaite Estate with its landscaped grounds is located in the coastal North Yorkshire countryside. Luxurious rooms within The Hall and Keep buildings feature alongside an indoor pool, spa, sauna, gym, 2 restaurants and 2 bars. With luxurious bathrobes, spacious beds and an en suite bathroom, all rooms on the Raithwaite Estate are individually designed. Some also feature a balcony or terrace with stunning views of the landscaped grounds.Local, seasonal produce is used in the Estate's restaurants, located within both The Hall and Keep, with both specialising in Whitby's famous fresh produce from both land and sea.The extensive spa and fitness facilities on the Estate include an 11-metre pool, steam room, and a whirlpool. A range of indulgent spa treatments are also on offer and can be booked prior to arrival. The local countryside, beaches, and nearby North York Moors all offer fantastic scenic walks. The historic town of Whitby is just 5 minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Raithwaite Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raithwaite Hall Hotel Whitby
- Raithwaite Estate Whitby, North Yorkshire