All reviews sea view lovely hotel north promenade full english pair of binoculars modern bathroom kippers no lift weekend break night stay town centre first floor good nights sleep hotel is situated very pleasant stay stayed nights double room
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Real warm and welcoming place. Staff will go over and above to help you. they accommodated us even though we were working night and worked round us. the breakfasts are lovely would defiantly go back. They even volunteered to do some washing for us as our stay was longer than expected

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2017

I have stayed here twice now. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and tidy. We've had a sea view both times. Breakfast is very nice. I would say the plates are too hot so the food continues to cook in the plate but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo H
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We booked the B & B the same day. The owner was friendly and provided us with advice on parking and a voucher which was helpful as parking anywhere near the town is a nightmare : Whitby is a goldmine for traffic wardens!
The room faced a cricket green and was at the back of the hotel. The bed had a quality mattress and we had a modern shower.
I did notice in a neighbouring room 3 small dogs!, I just hope they let them out in the night!, I wouldn't stay again unless I could be assured that no pets had been in the room beforehand at any time, I think that is somewhat unhygienic .
The breakfast was fine with a nice conservatory and sea view.
Repeat visitors get a 5% discount too. Overall: no complaints and quite adequate.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nael C
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights . We arrived very early and the car park was full so we parked up on the road right across from the hotel was unsure about the ticket for parking so asked reception at the hotel and we received a scratch card for parking was free lasted 4 days :) the hotel was clean and all the staff was pleasant . They have a small bar which is great with some seating and a tv . I did have a pint in the bar I asked for a pint of Stella which was on draught but he went in the back and came with a pint which I don't really like Stella from cans/bottle so would nice to have been told. The room we stayed in was faultless clean and cosy and was very warm the full time we stayed:) the breakfast was very nice plenty of choice from fruit and yogurt to cereal and a traditional breakfast was good .the only fault with the dining room if your sat on the back wall and it's busy you feel the persons chair behind you touching yours and makes it very hard to get up.also my partner said the bath towels was very small.i would stay here again in the future will just bring my own bath towels lol :)

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

... at Seacliffe. We had the deluxe room with a sea view and it didn't disappoint. The furniture was lovely the room a good size it was very clean and the view is brilliant from the bay window.

We didn't eat in the hotel as we like to get out and about but the breakfast was brilliant and as veggies we were catered for with no fuss.

The place is really well positioned for walking down to the harbour area and on street parking is free for hotel guests. It would be 5 out of 5 if the room had a bath and the bar was open a bit longer for residents.

We would stay here again without a doubt, yes you can pay less for the travelodge but this is a much more homely experience, the position is perfect and it's clear that the owners put a lot of effort in, oh and the breakfast is much better!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple