“Best pies yet”

Ranked #7 of 227 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 9
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: We are a small unlicensed eatery, serving just pie mash peas and gravy. We welcome dogs and their owners. We don't have any Alcohol, but you are more than welcome to bring your own or pop over the road to the Endeavour pub who will let you bring a nice cold pint back to your food.If we do something wrong or make a mistake, please let us know or contact me through the messaging service and i will put it right.I believe you should be able to have a filling quality meal for a decent price.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Thank you for accommodating our giant golden retriever and puppy. Astonishing that we could fit in there! Food was fab - pies were best I’ve had here in ages, service great. Had steak pie for hub and hommity pie for me. Loads and loads of meat in hubs, & very very tasty hommity pie. Gorgeous. Loved it all many thanks x

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I popped in for a spot of munch on Saturday, there were a few people in but space for us to enjoy a pie, wow and what a pie, I had the steak and stout and can honestly say it was the best pie I have had in a very long time, my wife had the corned beef pie and she described it as delicious. I would have like to personally praise the quality but a large party came in leaving the staff busy. Well done, cracking pies and thank you.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We stopped at the humble pie n mash shop on our stay to whitby, The choice was good both meat and vegetarian it was served in an enamel bowl very quirky !! Good portion size

daveHumblepie, Manager at Humble Pie 'n' Mash, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

A bit of a puzzling score as it sounds like everything was good not average.
I have tried to message you but no response. Oh well!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Quirky place so far removed from normal dining venues brilliant small menu the whole experience is a joy to the senses

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Quirky little place, only a few tables. Old fashioned decor really takes you back. Pies awesome served on tin plates and good fast friendly service. Cash only. Worth every penny.

Thank Rachael and And... J