All reviews nothing is too much trouble a great stay lovely breakfast at short notice see you soon easter weekend b and b bay window place to stay visit whitby on arrival two night stay room was large comfortable bed car parking ian dog
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Sarah and Ian were very welcoming and friendly, obviously love dogs. Gave us a list of dog friendly bars and cafes. Full of local knowledge (buses, quick ways down to the town). Room a good size and clean, well worth the cost. We had a very enjoyable few days

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Ian and Sarah are great people,warm friendly welcoming and go out of their way to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. The rooms are very clean and comfortable just like home. They do a mean breakfast and plenty of tea and coffee and toast. Well done guys keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dersan_11
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband myself and my daughter(age 4) stayed at Magnolia in May 2011. We were met by Ian, a lovely friendly man who instantly made my daughter feel welcome and at home. Our room was beautiful and clean with such comfortable beds. Ian and Sarahs manner and care was outstanding even down to the little things that mean alot like refridgerating our pack up and lending us a corkscrew and some glasses so we could enjoy our wine in our room whilst our daughter was asleep!!! I have already re booked and am taking my parents this time!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tiger029
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I have only good things to say about our time at magnolia, this was the second time we have visited both times have been for single nights but with the harbour a very short walk away we could not choose anywhere else. Sarah and Ian are lovely and immediately you feel welcome from the second you walk in, also Ian even let us borrow his toothpaste when we were forgetful. Cheers Ian. I would happily pay again just for the breakfast alone it is delicious and we certainly be coming back. Thank you for a lovely weekend see you again soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lewy182
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We arrived in Whitby with nowhere boked to stay as we thought we would just wander in to one and book there and then. After a morning spent exploring Whitby we decided it was time to start looking for somewhere to rest our head that evening.
The Magnolia was the first guest house we tried. From the moment Ian opoened the door we felt at home. He took us round his available rooms to show the various types. Allowing us to choose the one we wanted. This is not something that is often done in B and B's in my experience.
The rooms are comfortable and have all the things you'd expect for the price range. We immediately felt at home . Dumped our things and after a chat with Ian headed back out to continue our short break.
We got back after a good meal and a few drinks on my part. Indeed a little worse for wear. Had an excellent nights sleep. Even my partner did who is heavily pregnant!
The breakfast menu is excellent and you can mix and match between the various options giving you the bespoke breakfast of choice. They also seem to have access to a magic hen which throughout the course of the breakfast period produced 3 eggs with a double yoke! Phenomena!
lan and Sarahs easy ways and happy outlook on life shine through in this place and they soon break down even the sternest of English reserve that anyone may have. We really felt like we had known them for years and when junior is born we will definately be back for a longer stay!! Fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple