“Why is this cafe so quiet?”
Review of Milk & Moss Coffee

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Milk & Moss Coffee
Ranked #45 of 64 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Reviewed 11 June 2016

This must be another of Norwich's best kept secrets. I assume this is because it newly moved into the St.Benedicts Street location (oposite the Bicycle Shop) and the advertising, branding and marketing hasn't caight up yet. I understand that this is a lunch-only cafe which transforms into a restaurant (in another guise) in the evening.

Anywy, the interior art-filled and homely interior yet still light and spacious unlike some of the cafes in The Lanes. There is an excellent choice of healthy-sounding sandwiches plus very friendly staff.

We went there twice when visiting Norwich last week - and would happily go again.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

Visited the other day for a quick coffee with family. The cafe is tastefully decorated and has a nice feel, however we were the only customers in the shop and it was lacking atmosphere!
Additionally I was disappointed that such a big shop does not offer food! Such a shame as would have loved a more substantial bite to eat.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Me and my friend loved coming to this shop at the old location and the new one is even better. The cakes are always wonderful and the lady who runs it is so lovely! Would recommend to anyone who wants a little coffee shop for a sit down and some yummy cake - especially if you have dietary needs like gluten free foods and vegan choices.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 10 June 2015

This is a wonderful coffee shop! The food is delicious and there are a great number of gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options available. The coffee is really tasty too! I've just started to run some evening classes here and Sophie (the cafe owner) is really accommodating to various size groups and everyone comments on how good the cakes are!

This coffee shop is great for all sorts of occasions - a coffee and cake with friends, a light business lunch, pop in by yourself with your laptop (there's free wifi) and get on with some work, or for big group meet-ups.

Well worth a visit or two!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Stumbled upon this lovely little cafe whilst looking around the vintage market that the coffee shop is situated in. I was taken in by the cake displays! There are lots of lovely plants and cacti around the coffee shop and each table has flowers and lace, also lots of good home and craft magazines to flick through! The food includes vegan and gluten free options which is great for us animal lovers and also the health conscious! As well as cakes there are handmade sandwiches and locally made crisps. We has not long eaten lunch so opted for cake instead. I had a vegan oreo brownie and soy flat white with coffee from a local coffee roastery Smokey Barn (a big plus), absolutely delish, my OH had a cappuccino and a slice of a peach and blueberry cake, also vegan and gluten free, again very tasty! The owner told us that she is sourcing as many local products as possible which is fantastic for fresh produce and those of us who like to know our food milage. Pricing was good and reflected the quality! I have been back already for a takeaway coffee in my lunch break. Will be bringing my mum here at the weekend for some more cake! I would recommend this place for anyone that loves amazing cakes and vegan and gluten free people.

Date of visit: March 2015