New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“amazing value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I did wonder what a £10 a night hotel would be like.
It wasn't a 5* luxury experience but you can't expect that kind of quality if you are paying this price.
Room was spacious.Some of the furniture was a little worn but everything worked fine.The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and quiet.A bathroom with a bath and shower.Only issue was there was no soap.
Situation was easy to find and only 15mins walk from the city.
There was a bar and reasonably priced restaurant that although I did not try,looked pretty good.
Overall I thought it was really good value for money and I would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
tallin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

W ell having looked at the pictures on the web of the apartment and you know what number you are staying at , 9c MJB apartments unthank road, norwich. Got there plenty of time with food in cool box and a evening in with the family we thought first night. WEnt in side funny smell but looked clean, went to but food in fridge , the fridge had been un pluged and smelt horrible, but i clean it best i could ,pluged the frige in put food away, next went to the bed room very tidy and clean, bathroom not as show on web wrong photos on wrong room to start down two staires the toilet no light as someone had cut the cord, then next room sink bat with shower over bath , was tidy, next shower room with no door to the room so shower for all to see, and the shower door to the cubicle was hanging off. The overall place needs a up lift. And the fridge never worked so wasted lots food not good, had to fill a bowl of cold water to keep thing cool. So if anyone is going to this apartment soon and you get 9c make sure they have fixed these items first. Wouldnt have minded if they let me know before then a least its my choice as what we all could have done.

Room Tip: Check the photos and all info
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TallinBlack

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Leipzig, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at 9A Unthank road with some trepidation giving the diversity of reviews.

Positives:
Appeared to be newly renovated
Odour free
Spacious apartment
Close to Norwich city and amenities
Very comfortable bed, slept like a log!
Two extra pillows in the cupboard (no pillow cases for them alas)
Kitchen and cooking utensils, pots and pans etc
Reasonable price (even cheaper than the local University accommodation oddly enough)

Negatives
Weird half step separating lounge and kitchen, tripped on it twice!
Constant beeping noise in the hall of the building which we could not determine how to turn off
Bathroom had not been cleaned, talcum powder on the floor
Massive clot of hair clogging the shower drain
Shower had only two temperatures: boiling hot (I scalded myself) and freezing cold
No tea towel or pot holder in kitchen
No microwave as specified on the website
Wifi didn't work
Television reception was very snowy with only four channels
The kitchen had dinner service for four yet there were only three chairs in the apartment.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is what I wrote to MJB about Beeches apartments - i have been reimbursed but with no extra:

I am writing to you to in disgust at your treatment of my wife and I when we booked a week at 9E Unthank Road. We arrived at 5-30pm today expecting to find the set of rooms described by Laterooms.com website as having quality accomodation with a fully equipped kitchen. We were met with a scene of complete awfulness, a disgraceful hovel. This included:

A dank basement room with damp walls covered in mould (my wife is asthmatic and within fifteen minutes was wheezing)
Dirty windows that had not been cleaned for many weeks
Hairs in the washbasin
Cobwebs in ceiling corners
Badly washed cups
Unwashed sheets with yellow (urine?) stains
Old grey towels (should be white)
Cracking walls with staining
No washing machine or dishwasher
Empty drink bottels in dirty cupboard
General bad state of repair and maintenance

We complained to both MJB customer care staff but received no help. The owner of the rooms apparently refused to offer better accomodation. I asked to be reimbursed but have heard nothing. I am including photographs as evidence of the complaints above.

I expect immediate recompense. We had to find accommodation for ourselves at The Georgian Hotel after searching everywhere for self-catering rooms. It is costing us 120 pounds a night as opposed to the 85 we paid for 9E's misleading photographs and description. We booked these room early because we didn't want to stay in a hotel. Our visit was to see a new born granddaughter and receive and entertain family members which we cannot now do.

If you do not act immediately I will put the whole case in the hands of our solicitor and seek compensation as well as reimbursement.

We also intend to do publish these photographs and expose your disgusting business practices.

EJS Norfolk

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Jack S
leicester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed at Upper Apartment, Langham Hall, run by MJB Hotels. Despite saying dogs welcome and no extra charge mentioned when booking, I received an email the next day saying £36 had been taken from my card for 1 night because a dog stayed!
I have been emailing now for 4 weeks with no response. Disgusting customer service.
Now trying to get money back via my bank. DO NOT STAY HERE - YOU COULD BE RIPPED OFF TOO.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple