“So near to the airport..very convenient...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norwich
The Larches Guest House Norwich
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Diss, United Kingdom
“So near to the airport..very convenient...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Friendley family run B+B, does exactly what you need without the premium hotel prices at the airport itself, especially if you travel regularly like me. I regularly have to take the 6:30 KLM red eye flight from Norwich and the drive time from this establishment to the airport is about 4.5 minutes and that may be exagerating at that time of morning.

Payment by credit card very conveneint for business travellers. There is nice pub across the way for food and a pint, free wifi with great speed.

Used many times, will continue to do so.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
wickford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

My partner and I recently stayed here as we were visiting friends nearby so the location was ideal for us. Without wishing to sound 'snobby' we usually stay in 4* or plus hotels so a 3* guest house experience was a bit different for us.

The building is lovely although the outside could do with a lick of paint. Linda was very pleasant and welcoming but it would have been nice if we'd seen our room before she took our money.

The room was a good size but in need of some updating. The bed cover was drab and dingy and looked as though it had seen better days. The bedding underneath consisted of one top sheet and one bottom sheet. There were blankets in the cupboard but they didn't smell too fresh so I put up with being cold all night.

The furniture was rather shabby and dated and the television was a small portable. Freeview was available and free wi fi which was more than we were expecting and a nice bonus. Tea and coffee facilities were included. Breakfast was ok and cooked to order.

I'm really not sure what to expect from a 3* establishment. so I'm finding it hard to judge. I guess it's a matter of personal taste. If you want somewhere with a friendly chatty host that doesn't break the bank then this would be the place for you.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quslt
Preston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

I booked this for 2 young staff members - it was the only place we could get - Norwich was hosting a large conference and everywhere I tried was full - except The Larches! All seemed well on the phone - I also followed up my booking by email, explaining that I wasn't staying but was booking it for staff. On arrival the 2 young staff members were met by Linda who immediately strutted over to the calculator to work out how much their 3 night stay would be and demanded payment. When they explained that I would be paying - they were told that if they didn't pay within a few hours she would throw them out! Nice Welcome Linda! Of course this was extremely uncomfortable for them. When I arrived to settle the bill Linda seemed to find this amusing - stating that she'd caught people trying to escape out of the windows. I don't blame them - The rooms are dingy, unclean - someone elses used soap was left in the bath, spiders webs and dust are a plenty and the teaspoons and cups in the rooms were dirty on arrival and were not changed during their 3 night stay. One room in the attic is akin to Harry Potter's cupboard. The uniquely unfriendly Linda's attitude changed beyond recognition once she had been paid in cash - nothing like the colour of money to put a smile on someone's face. Avoid at all costs - there are lots of lovely clean places to stay - even for a last resort - find a camp site or a hostel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank curlyPreston
Ashton-under-lyne, manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

What a wonderful guest house. It is run by a lovely couple who are friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and well aquiped. Breakfast was cooked to order. What i also found good was that if you didnt wont to stay in at night time you could going into the lounge and watch TV. If you didnt wont to go out for tea and wonted to have a takeaway you could use the dining area, which was fantastic! Would highly recommend this guest house to anyone. A*

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
East Anglia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

I enjoyed my stay at The Larches so much that I intend to stay there again when next in need of accommodation in Norwich. The room I had was lovely and quiet at the back of the house, and I was able to relax with no trouble at all. I have stayed in many B&B's countrywide and the breakfast provided in this one was among the best ever. The people are so welcoming and, although extremely friendly, they do not intrude into one's personal space at all, as has sometimes been my experience. This couple run their establishment professionally and I cannot recommend them highly enough. I especially liked the way breakfast was 'cooked to order' when I was ready for it, by the man of the house! Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo