“Mix of traditional and new Italian dishes ”

Ask Italian - Norwich
Ranked #152 of 886 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Norwich is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Norwich menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a open space restaurant where you can see the kitchen and the ovens on the left side of the room and the bar and tolls on the right hand side.

I was seated but the manager that was very quick to give me a sample of the raspberry lemonade( wonderful taste by the way)

For lunch time the restaurant was half full and the waitress was busy but always smiling and pleasant.

the menu has variety of traditional Italian dishes but also new one dishes to try on.

One the new nibbles are the spicy nuts( yes they are very spice) for £2.95. Is a variety of almonds, cashews, crispy corn kernels and chickpeas. (Delicious,spicy and different)

I went more traditional for my starter and order the spinach and ricotta arancini (crispy smoky ricotta and spinach risotto balls) served with spicy tomato dip for £5.95, the arancini was so crispy and crunchy and the inside the cheese was melting away was a treat to the taste buds. One of the best arancini I had( and I had a lot in Venice)

For mains I tried the Prima pizza light caprina ( smaller pizza that comes with rainbow salad, this is a option on the menu if you want to keep your calories intake down) for £10.25. You can also have the normal size pizza and is delicious for sure. I recommend this pizza as is very light meal and after the starter you still feel full enough.

Overall I must say the restaurant was very clean, pleasant music and not a lot noise in background.

This restaurant has vegan and gluten free options too .

Love it very much and will be coming back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Called in here with grandchildren for lunch. Whilst the service was brilliant I am sorry to say the food was mediocre. I ordered a margarita pizza and asked if it could be topped up with anchovies. I was amazed to be told by the waitress that they did not have anchovies. An Italian restaurant without anchovies? I have eaten pizza all over Italy, Sardinia, France, the USA, and the far east and have always been able to order anchovies. The second piece of incredulity occurred when the waitress brought my Americano and I asked for sugar. The waitress pointed to some sweetners and said the restaurant did not do sugar. When I loudly expressed surprise she did offer to go downstairs and find a bowl for me. However, as she was obviously rushed off her feet I did not feel the need to burden her further. A restaurant without sugar? An Italian restaurant without anchovies? Won't be going back there!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It was only ok. We used the tastecard and got a discount otherwise it would have been expensive for what it was. We were hastily and brusquely seated in a tight corner right up against the fire extinguishers. On one side and a large obtrusive plant on the other. The risotto was ok but nothing special. The seabass was nice. The service ok but only one of the three staff could be described as pleasant, friendly or helpful. The others were just doing a job and not very attentive - we had to wave at them to attract their attention. My husband had to get up and go to the counter to ask for the bill. We wouldnt bother going back there- we’d go to Pizza Express instead.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I’ve been eating out at Ask Norwich for a good few years now, and have never been disappointed.
First class service from all the staff, they are friendly and kind even when they are under pressure. It’s almost a home from home for me.
Ambience good, and oh! yes, the food is great also.
Always clean and tidy. Well lit.
I’ve been to a number of Ask restaurants and this is by far the best. All due to the staff.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice lunch , we tried the pizza with lamb on and a italian bread with balsamic onions in it , not sure which was nicer , as both were so good , only gripe is when asking what coffees they have you get the answer " all of them " , please show them on the drinks menu.

1  Thank noimnotsingle