“Nice place for south Indian food!!”
Review of Spice Paradise

Spice Paradise
Ranked #488 of 848 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: IT is the only Indian restaurant in our area specialising in Southern Indian Recipes i.e. lots of vegetarian dishes and also the Thali Meal and Dosa specialities.
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Had a good South Indian food after long time.

Most of the Indian restaurants around have north indian menu. This place though, mostly has south indian food items. The starters and thali with kerala rice I had was really tasty.

I did not like the renovated look of the place though; it was like an open hall with too many tables and also brighter than required. Service seems to be little sloppy; i think waiting time for the food to arrive would become too long if it is busy.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Had a really tasty well presented meal, reasonably priced and staff were very friendly and eager to please, Would definitely return . Ambience is ok as early evening, maybe needs to be more intimate for later or different occasions. Great for vegetarian and gluten free

Reviewed 16 October 2016

new name, brighter, and much, much worse.

5 tables in, including us. Asked for popadoms twice before they finally turned up with the main meal.

Meal itself had no colour or flavour other than salt and a little bit of chilli.

There was nothing fresh on the table, least of all the mushy 'lemon' rice, which was just yellow and salty. Everything seemed old and just-microwaved.

I *loved* spice paradise, this was a big, big disappointment.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I took my family to a new indian restaurant that had opened in my area to celebrate my partners new job and I must say I am really impressed with the food, I have been to many of Indian restaurants and cafe Malabar was by far the best I have had, I had lamb cutlets for my starter which are so tasty then I had a masala dosa for my main and omg it was absolutely fantastic, the menu is so different from the other Indian restaurants around here and I will 100% be going back very very soon. I recommend this place to you all it does such amazing foods

1  Thank jasmine1622
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I arrange to meet a friend in the city and we decide we want s curry so I look on my Taste card app and see there is somewhere marked New nearby and was added in the last 30 days. It's 50% off food bill.
We head off in search of the restaurant only to find it has reopened in a new name, that day it transpires, very bright inside and nobody eating, (not good signs).
We sit down, order beers, (warm), I tell them I have a tastecard, they tell me the offer isn't valid so I tell them it's fine I will pay for drinks and go elsewhere, (I certainly wasn't going to pay full price in an empty restaurant when I know there's better nearby).
I then get a few Indian people telling me it's ok they will do the offer and they hadn't been aware, they'd only opened today. (Contradiction really as they told me it was same owners just a different name and chef).
It bugged me the staff appeared to have two young children running around in the restaurant so late. The English waitress wasn't particularly friendly. I asked for naan and she said "I suggest you read the menu" (no naan).
They then continued to take our order, she recommended onion bhaji so I had them, they weren't hot. In fact the beer was warmer. The offer starter was nice although not hot either. The mains were quite nice, my friend played safe with a korma, the lady explained when she brought it out it was dark green because of all the fresh coriander.
The chef did come out to speak with us and explained the tastecard issue was his fault and he was friendly. I am easily pleased in the curry cuisine category I like my wife's curries, my (empty the fridge curries), fine dining Indians, quick curry with the lads and authentic Indian cuisine from any region, and you'll see I have an eclectic taste in food from my reviews, however this restaurant had it all wrong, it was too light, wasn't aware of its own offers, the beer was warm, kids running around, not aesthetically pleasing to the eye and poor customer service, not rude, just poor. All of the above could be improved and I hope they do as I do like a good curry and I would hate a city full of chain restaurants.