“Meringue ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Only popped in here to buy a strawberry meringue to take home, delicious with peaches and cream! Haven’t been into the restaurant but always looks busy and the menu is tempting. Friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2018
Lindsay C, Manager at Carluccio's - Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. The meringues are amazing aren't they!
I hope you are tempted to stop by for a meal sometime soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We've been going to this restaurant for the last few years,its been consistantly excellent. Its a crying shame they are closing in December.
Everytime we go, the staff are friendly and very accomodating, our kids are in wheelchairs and they always make time for them and give us a generous size table.
Location wise, its easy access and the restaurant is light and airy.
The main reason for going is the food, my son says .. the best lasagne ever! and its always clean plate club for us. Very healthy portions and a good selection of dishes on the menu.
I really wish all the staff every success for the future, I hope you can take your skills elsewhere as this closure will be someone elses gain, but it is a shame as we love going there for our night out treat.

Date of visit: October 2018
Lindsay C, Manager at Carluccio's - Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I have passed your comments onto the team who were all absolutely delighted. It is a huge shame that we are closing and your sentiments are really appreciated by everyone.

The Lasagne is delicious so I do hope you'll come back before December to have some more.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The breakfast has got an italian twist to it. The breat is grilled a little and that gives it a little smoky taste. The rest of the food is decent and it’s an easy option when you want some italian food.

Date of visit: June 2018

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
I have passed your comments on to my kitchen team and they were overjoyed to hear how much you enjoyed the food.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This is a chain Italian, but it's a far cry from the usual pizza/pasta joints. Good range of available dishes. I had the pasta e fagioli soup on our recent visit, and it was really excellent, and generous too. Our other dishes were good - my wife had the sea bass, which was correctly cooked, and again generous - a whole fish. I don't particularly like their rosemary roast potatoes, but there are other choices. Our only criticism might be that there was a long wait before the main courses turned up. The staff were friendly and helpful. I like the shop that Carluccio's have in the restaurants, too.
If you sign up for emails, there are regular offers.
There is easy adjacent parking in the Chantry car park.
It's worth noting that this restaurant closes earlier than it used too - last orders no later than about 10 pm (maybe different on busy evenings). But it used to be open until midnight.

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your recent visit.
I have passed your lovely comments onto the team, who were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meals and the service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We were disappointed and wished they had mentioned their impending closure on the website and we'd have gone elsewhere! On arrival it soon became obvious that something was amiss! The few diners seemed to be leaving and the place was getting more and more empty by the minute and with them the atmosphere left too! Eight o'clock on a Sarurday and the place was virtually empty! We asked the waitress and she explained that this was one of the branches to be closed on Christmas Day! And that they now closed at 9pm but that we were welcome to finish our meals our taxi home was n't booked until 10.30pm. So we didn't really have a relaxing meal with the staff all packing up around us ready to go home. The food was ok and the servers were trying hard but you had the feeling that their hearts weren't in it anymore! So a bit of a let down as a birthday celebration!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank maltese632017
Lindsay C, General Manager at Carluccio's - Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your meal with us last weekend, we were so upset to read that you had such a disappointing meal. We strive to deliver exceptional service and food quality and it seem on this occasion we have let you down.
I can assure that I am looking into this matter and will deal with it accordingly.

I would really like to speak to you in person regarding your comments to discuss the matter further, please could you email me on Norwich@carluccios.com with a contact telephone number and let me know when a convenient time is to call?

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Kind regards