“Early Evening Dinner”

Ranked #133 of 905 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 31
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located just outside the chapelfield shopping centre, just minutes away from norwich market and easy walking distance to norwich castle. Wagamama norwich also has an outside terrace which seats 30 people and can be booked in advance! We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first time at Wagamama and I enjoyed it.

Visited with my vegan friend and as a veggie myself we both found plenty of choice. I had Yasia Katsu Curry. It was nice my only criticism being a huge amount of white rice to the quantity of sauce. Tasted nice though.

My friend had a noodle dish which had a much better proportion of veggies, noodles and sauce. Good quantity too; she couldn’t finish it.

Service was good, though the waiter loved himself a bit.

Handily placed in the city and nice eating. Yeah I’d recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

we're delighted that you enjoyed your first time with us! thank you for your feedback, we will take this on board. thank you for taking the time to leave a review phillip

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my friend here for her birthday celebration lunch on Wednesday. She had a vegan meal which was new, harusame glass noodle salad, she said it was really good. I tried a bit but didn’t like the tofu. I had a chilli prawn and kimchi ramen which tasted nice but could have done with fewer noodles and more veggies. Also it’s quite hard to eat the noodles in a broth. The servers were excellent, attentive without being too pushy. They noticed as soon as I’d almost finished my glass of water and offered me another. I do find it very noisy though and be prepared for food to arrive at different times. My friend’s lunch arrived about 3mins after mine, I politely waited, although my food was hot and cooling down quickly.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I've eaten in a lot of Wagamamas, from London and Amsterdam to the USA. The food is always fresh and good quality - it's a favourite staple.

The one thing that varies though is the quality of service - and if my past few experiences are anything to go by, it's getting worse.

This was a Tuesday evening around 6pm and the restaurant appeared to be 2/3 full. We got a table quickly but ordering took a long time. I asked the waitress that took our order to repeat back what I'd asked for 3 times due to the volume of music and consequent chatter drowning her out. (I'm in my mid 50's and suffer from tinnitus - why do restaurants turn the volume up?).

When my wife's meal came, it was stone-cold at which point the manager stepped in, took control of the situation and got a fresh plate made and clearly put it to the front of the queue. But by the time it came, I'd long finished mine so we were left staring at each other eating separately (and yes, I know this can happen in Wagamama, but not with a 20+ minute time difference).

Sitting as we were close to the kitchen, I could see food sitting for some time waiting to be collected for their customers. We clearly weren't going to be the only ones suffering cold food that night. Wagamama managers - up your game and get (and train) more experienced waiters please. Because similar has happened earlier this year (Winchester).

Date of visit: October 2018
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

we're sorry to read that you didn't have a good experience with us, do leave us some information here - http://bit.ly/2168NiD - so that our customer services team can look into this for you

Reviewed 2 November 2018

I was in the city today and popped into Wagamama again, this restaurant does not disappoint, great service, great food (there’s always new dishes on the menu) the staff are always friendly and welcoming, I would recommend a visit.

Date of visit: November 2018
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

hey steve, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review! we are super happy to hear you always enjoy dining with us + we hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Great food and friendly service as usual.

Food as most knows comes to you when ready, so a main and side are not together. You know this, so not a big deal. Seems it also applies to drinks....... got mine, then ten minutes later my wife’s wine arrives, could see it sitting in the side.

Anyway, great lunch, really enjoyed.

The room is very noisy, even the waiter struggled with the poor acoustics. See past this or if they can address, would be perfect for a quick efficient lunch.