All reviews coach house garden house city centre newmarket road main building single room comfy bed lovely hotel trouser press water pressure jacuzzi bath short walk the ground floor ample parking good size within easy walking distance stayed two nights
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We stayed for 2 nights here. The first night in room 19 - very pleasant and clean comfy room, however we were woken in the early hours as passing traffic caused the overhead light fitting to vibrate, once I was woken by this I found the noise though not over loud was annoying and disturbed my sleep. We bought this to the attention of the receptionist the next morning hoping that maintenance could have a look and perhaps tighten the loose fitting, however maintenance didn't work over weekends so she said to leave it with her and she would sort something. Within an hour she had arranged for us to move to another room in the old manor house , a really nice room with huge bathroom and jacuzzi bath.We were really pleased with the efficiency and competant manner of Donna so would like to pass on our thanks to her. We had breakfast both mornings which was delicious - lots of choice and cooked breakfast to order. Again the staff were polite and friendly. This was our 2nd stay here and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms in manor house are larger.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Annesley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Cobblers1961,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review regarding your most recent stay with us.

Please accept my apologies regarding the problems you had during your stay, however I am pleased to hear Donna was able to rectify this for you so quickly and you were able to get a good nights sleep. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to her.

I am thrilled to hear you would like to stay with us again, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed again at the superb Annersley House Hotel in Norwich.

The room, service and restaurant food is excellent. Only a 10 minute walk to the City Centre, where there are many tourist attractions.

Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Emily M, other at Best Western Annesley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Mr Harrington,

It was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time whilst here. I am glad to see you enjoyed the food, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the kitchen team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I haven't stayed here however I have had dinner in the restaurant.
Choice and quality of food were outstanding with really polite and friendly service.
I had Liver as starter and beef medallions on a bed of risotto for main.
Outstanding.
I will be definitely back again and I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Chris J,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review regarding the meal you had in our Conservatory Restaurant. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your dinner and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Head Chef.
We all look forward to being able to welcome you back to dine with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My wife and I left from Heathrow at 7:00 PM after flying in from Rome and arrived at midnight in Norwich via bus. We were a little worried that coming in so late on a Friday night would be a problem but the night staff was there to let us in. We prepaid so the room was ready. The room was small, but clean , comfortable and very quiet. The heater was somewhat of a challenge and like nothing in the states. When you turned the dial it starts but stays on. They should provide a little cheat sheet for non-UK travelers. But it warmed up fast.The breakfast was not included but we could have bought that option. We paid for it and it was very good. We stayed one night and we would recommend this hotel. The staff was great-and very accommodating

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Duty Manager at Best Western Annesley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear John E,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and pleased to hear our team were accommodating throughout.

With regards to the heater in your room, any questions or problems you may have during your stay the duty manager on shift will always be more than happy to help or provide instructions.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Our first visit to Annesley. I should really put the hotel in the Very Good category but that would be unfair to the staff who deserve the Excellent which I’ve selected. From making our initial booking to checking out they made our stay perfect. It was a pleasure to watch the staff helping each other whatever the job. Excellent breakfasts on all 3 mornings. Easy walk into the Norwich shopping area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Duty Manager at Best Western Annesley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear RoynJoy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear our team were able to make your stay and excellent one, and happy to see you enjoyed your breakfasts.

I do hope you enjoyed your time in Norwich and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the future.