“Staff night out”

Giggling Squid Norwich
Ranked #143 of 909 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Description: Our Giggling Squid in Norwich is probably our grandest and biggest to date. We thought “we’ve made it – the cathedral is our neighbour!” If you know Tombland, it’s the lovely, large Grade II listed building right in the centre with the stained glass windows. Of course we loved it straight away (who wouldn’t?) but it was a challenge to make it feel cosy. I baffled the builders by asking them to help me re-create a pergola. Something to surprise guests with, and also to create a sub-space within a big space. They thought I’d really gone mad when I started weaving flowers through it! Feedback from our guests has been lovely, and the builders are eating their words.
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Came here for a meal after the ghost walk for a staff evening meal. Very good service and food was delicious. Would like to come again with my family. Always very popular and must book in advance.

Date of visit: November 2018
GigglingSquid, Manager at Giggling Squid Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a Sunday lunch. It is a great building in a nice part of Norwich. The food was OK (if overpriced). The service was poor ( food stained menus, intrusive servers who did not really listen to the customers). I would not bother to go here again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Our apologies that the servers were intrusive. We encourage our servers to go above and beyond to deliver fantastic service and we apologise on this occasion it has come across as intrusive. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Tried the gs for the 3 rd time hoping that the previous 2 had just been bad luck. How wrong was I?. Probably the worst Tom yum I have ever had. A bowl full of noodles, 3 prawns, and absolutely no flavour what so ever. Better Thai food on Norwich Market.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to eat one evening we decided to go hear. From the out side the venue looked inviting and we we not disappointed when we go inside.

The decor inside is really nice and has a lovely feel to it. You would not feel that you were in a Thai restaurant.

We were seated quickly and a round of drinks was with us in no time at all.

Our food order was taken and that too didn’t take too long. We order a good cross section of food, I ordered the Red Thai Curry with noddles.

I must admit I thought I would not be full with the Volume I was given but, I was wrong. My dish was really tasty and well cooked full of flavour.

My wife had the sea bass and she loved it.

We all enjoyed our food all plates were empty. The service we good to many thanks to “Tish” for looking after us.

The pricing was really good too.

Would I go again....yes, and so too would members of my family. Well done to the management on creating a formula that works well.

Date of visit: November 2018
GigglingSquid, Manager at Giggling Squid Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Thank you for the kind review, I will ensure your praise is passed onto Tish. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Booked here on the day we came, no issues getting a table, it was just before 5.
We were seated quickly, drinks came quickly. And followed by our order. Food was very nice, we all went for the set tapas. Size was good, and brilliantly priced. Will definitely come back

Date of visit: October 2018
GigglingSquid, Manager at Giggling Squid Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you soon.