“Family meal together”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

It was a basic carvery - no surprises - value for money as they had an offer on. Mind you most put out when asking for more meat being frowned upon.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This place doesn't rule the roast but is great value for money. The meat was very good quality but certainly not of high quantity as you only get a two scraps of beef or pork not really enough to fill a weary set of travellers like us. The vegetables were very over done and the roast potatoes were sat there in grease for a long time which made them overly crunchy and bland. No crackling or stuffing which is usually a big must for us and left us with a bitter taste in our mouths (not literally). The staff were very friendly but forgot our drinks twice and brought the wrong coffees but they changed them with a smile.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My husband and I, went for the Sunday carvery. The quality of the meat was terrible. There was a big blue bottle fly crawling on the roast gammon. I had beef, and as I don't eat large portions I also got turkey to give my husband. The beef was fatty and I could not get my knife to cut through it. The turkey was the first slices off the breast and unfortunately was all skin and fat. The potatoes and all vegetables were cold. The cauliflower, green beans, stewed. The mashed swead just pure cold slop.the cold food was piled up and the restaurant not busy at all. My food was sent back. The waitress put her hand on it first to confirm in was stone cold. Was asked if we wanted to speak to a manager. We said yes. Manager couldn't be bovered to see us. Just sent a message to bar man to take the food off the bill. No apology. It was our wedding anniversary. Ruined.came home upset and both hungry.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

First time I have been here popped in for a lunch time carvery and for £3.99 what you get surpasses the price by a country mile. The restaurant is decorated to a high standard and the food is of good quality, the service was excellent our server was very attentive and pleasent.
Will be popping in again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Basic, but adequate, good value for money. 20 mins from town. £10 in a cab. Off road parking. Be sure to book early check in if you need to be there before midday.