All reviews tree bridge sunday lunch roseberry topping maple room cheesecake soup booked a table lovely meal great ayton set menu lady on reception staff were lovely overnight stay stayed for one night starters wedding ash
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Stayed for one night while in the area with work. Room booked with work so not sure of the cost.

It was around 10pm by the time I arrived but I managed to park opposite the entrance. The receptionist was welcoming and helpful. I had the Maple room and she gave me clear and helpful directions. However, I was tired and managed to get muddled up with the name of the room. Luckily the correct occupant didn't come to the door when I tried my key in their door and eventually I made my way to the correct room!

I was surprised that there was no deadlock inside the room so anyone with a copy of the key could have let themselves in when I was asleep / in the shower.

The bed was comfortable and the room seemed clean. Big fluffy white towels which we find these days are not so common in hotel rooms. There was tea, coffee, bottled water and biscuits.
However, the bathroom was really quite tired. The tile above the toilet needed sealing and the bath panel needed replacing.

After half an hour the middle of several ceiling lights started flashing on and off every few seconds. I left it a while in case it fixed itself but eventually gave up and switched to a bedside lamp which wasn't an issue. Plenty of natural light available in the morning. I don't imagine staff would be aware of such an issue as it didn't occur immediately and staff probably don't have much cause for using the lights for long periods of time. When I mentioned it to reception in the morning they were surprised and very apologetic.

I can't comment much on breakfast as I only had toast. Waitress didn't argue at all when I requested a plate saying I didn't have one (and later noticed I had a small side plate the whole time)!

Overall the staff were friendly and rooms satisfactory. Building seems a bit tired - I wonder if it might be listed?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for my Father in law's 80th birthday.
My husband and I had the duck for starters, over cooked, dry and very chewy.
One person had fishcake, and another hsd soup, those dishes were ok.
Mains.... open chicken pie, which was covered in cheese, very fatty and greasy, chicken breast, very dry, belly pork, mostly fat, but lasagne was good.
Desserts, only two of us had, white chocolate mousse, very runny like very sweet cream and citrus baked cheese cake with kumquats, perfectly baked but had no flavour at all, kumquats were lovely.
All in all, £123 inc a few drinks, very disappointing, expected better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank woosfluff
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Visited here with friend and our children on 1st July. Sat in the garden and when to the bar to order food only to be told no food was being served in the garden. People were already sat in the garden eating so I was a tad confused. A scruffy looking gentleman advised he was he owner and he would do what he liked. He then sat with his wife and had lunch and I felt they were constantly looking over at us. It was apparent that all of the staff knew I had complained as one of the kitchen staff came out and said who’s complained. Totally unprofessional.

Raised this with the female restaurant manager who wouldn’t budge and wouldn’t see it from my point of view.

The food was excellent hence the three stars although we did have to wait a while for one of the deserts with no apology. Also food was brought before cutlery, deserts brought with no spoons.

After we had finished our food we went back outside to see people sat in the garden eating!

I have visited the tree bridge numerous times and everything has normally been outstanding. Not sure if there has been a change of management / ownership as things have started to slide.

My advice to management sort your customer service. You have a great place and I would hate to see it go downhill through poor staff / management.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Steveyd76
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We stayed here for one evening and took advantage of the meal and over night deal. The room was large and comfortable although the bed could of used a new mattress!! The food was very good and the bottle of wine that was included was also very nice which was a surprise, the service was also very good. Overall the deal we had was very good and worth the money!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I was extremely disappointed with the service. Nearly 1 hour wait between starter & main being served. Although the food when it arrived was very nice, no one came over to apologise for the long wait or even to ask if any further drinks were needed. We had booked our table for 6.30 and dessert was served just after 9pm by which time more than half of our party had left. We had ordered dessert for 4 people yet they couldn’t bring all 4 out together. I was so disappointed with the service received that I spoke with the manager, although she listened and apologised she didn’t say anything at all that would make me want to go back. This is also the first time I have felt strongly enough to write a negative review. I will not be rushing back to the Treebridge

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family