“Appalling service”

Ranked #13,491 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know where to start with yesterday’s service.
Rushed, rude, lacklustre, everything was a chore.
The cake area was dirty and badly presented, Tongs were filthy, no plates to put your cake/ no knifes, spoons for the teas etc.
When asked it was very much eye roll or a huff.

The red pepper scone somehow saved the day but the service/ ambience was dire!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Benugo's arrival at John Lewis Stores in London is good news. I've eaten in their other outlets and have always been impressed. Very superior coffee, delicious cakes & pastries. Definitely makes a welcome change to the usual John Lewis cafe food on offer.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We were in need of refreshments whilst having a shopping day in Oxford Street
The Benugo cafe certainly fitted the bill with good choice of savouries and sweet cakes etc, great coffee and tea, all with the added bonus of finding a table by the window with great views down Oxford Street

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by for a quick snack and coffee a few days ago. I chose a cheese and tomato sandwich while she chose a pasta salad. Both were very fresh and tasty and I really enjoyed my coffee.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I had to skip lunch the other day, heading for a West End matinee. So I fought my way down Oxford Street around 5 pm and stopped off at John Lewis. Benugo is on the 2nd floor and, knowing some in-store cafes can be soulless, I found this one an agreeable exception. The staff were friendly and on the ball, even though that time of day is a 'something and nothing' time. I recommend the marinaded chicken with lots of salad leaves and cherry tomatoes. I ordered quinoa as an extra and it was delicious. It's a great place to go if you're on your own, as lots of women shop solo, so you don't stick out like a sore thumb as can be the case in other more intimate surroundings.

1  Thank Sandra M