“Perfect escape to do work and enjoy fresh drinks”

The Cambridge Street Kitchen
Ranked #673 of 24,261 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 42
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: A relaxed and welcoming neighbourhood space by day and modern restaurant by night, The Cambridge Street Kitchen is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as coffee, cold-pressed juices and light snacks. Fresh and modern dishes are served straight from the open kitchen using the best seasonal produce. The lower ground space features a ping-pong table, the club room and cocktail bar, Clarendon Cocktail Cellar, all of which can be used for meetings, private dining and event hire. The Artist Residence hotel is located just above.
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was looking for a nice and relaxing place to do some work. I ordered a fresh orange juice and I felt so refreshed afterwards. I was really inspired my the imagery and decor. The staff were very friendly and showed me around the cafe. They have a really nice and quite area where you can sit to do work downstairs at the bar.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We went here as a couple.
Firstly, although I booked online for 13:00 and I arrived at 13.10, they said they had me for 13:30 as if that changed everything. Manager came round after a few mins and asked the same set of questions and said our table would be ready in a few minutes.
Mistakes happen however the way they dealt with it was poor. there is no bar or anything, so the only place to wait is next to the door which is in constant use.
Secondly we ordered a burger and asked the waiter how do they cook it, he said medium rare. We asked for medium. 5min later he came round saying they only cook it well done.
I then asked why did he say medium rare in the 1st place and he apologised saying he has been working there for 2 w...then the burger arrived, it is half the size of the bun it comes in, just seems sloppy and little attention to customer for a 14 GBP dish...I would not recommend this place.Definitely 2 stars for service and 3 for food.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Booked to meet friends returning from abroad. They loved it, raved about the quality of the brunch menu we chose from ( all day menu) and we use it regularly living nearby. £70 for 4 of us including service charge is very good for such quality cooking in this part of London.
Yes the service - always friendly and helpful - can occasionally lack attention to detail ( we had 3 all day menus and one breakfast menu for example at 11:30 just before the breakfast cut off) but always quickly and nicely remedied. All in all a 5 star venue - and not too noisy!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Very close to the easyhotel in Victoria. Great atmosphere and service. We had the porridge and the granola with yogurt with 2 coffees which was about £25. We felt it was a bit pricey for the amount of food we got but it is London and it was good quality.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch on Mother's Day wth my mum and sister.
The already limited menu was made even smaller by the fact that one starter and one 'plate' had run out (there were only three of reach to begin with).
My sitter and I ordered a Neck Oil beer and were then told it too had run out.
My sister and mum went for the Buratta salad plate, at £10. Luckily my sister asked how big it was (it's not clear on menu if it's a starter or main) and was told it was small but they could make it a large for £20 ( for a vegetarian salad!?). They declined and each ordered fries to bulk out the meal instead.
I ordered the miso cauliflower roast, which is marked as having a vegan option. I asked what they'd need to change to make it completely vegan and was told I couldn't have the gravy. All ok - the other diners around us who had roasts had huge plates of food, so I was looking forward to it.
We also ordered some bread to nibble on as a starter. This, rather disappointingly, took longer than the rest of the order, and appeared when we were finishing up.
The salads appeared and were indeed minute. I'd go so far as to say they were small even for a starter. The fries were also a very small portion, so my mum and sister were rather unsatisfied.
My roast appeared and was disappointing to say the least. 4 small potatoes that were verging on underdone and not at all crispy. Some carrots, also mediocre, and the main event - the miso cauliflower, was like an afterthought and lacked any discernible flavour. I did not receive a Yorkshire pudding, despite having asked if this was vegan when I ordered. When I checked I was simply told " sorry no it's not vegan after all". My roast had no green veg and the paltry pile of root veg and cauliflower took up less than half the plate, with a gaping hole where the Yorkshire pud should have been. Considering the price (£16) I was very very underwhelmed.
All in all, the restaurant and staff were pleasant, but the meal itself was a huge let down, and in my opinion was massively overpriced for what was on the plate.
We had planned to have a leisurely lunch and a couple of drinks, but ended up leaving as soon as we'd finished our food, which didn't take long due to the portion size...

ArtistResidenceHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Cambridge Street Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are pleased the service and setting were pleasant!

We pride ourselves on our freshly prepared food so we would like to apologise if your meals did not meet your expectations on your visit to us this time around! The feedback will be sent through to our kitchen team for future improvements!

Please do email jade@artistresidence.co.uk for your next visit!

Thanks!