“Rude receptionist at Luton airport”
Review of Addison Lee

Addison Lee
Ranked #177 of 298 Transportation in London
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I caught a taxi at Luton airport and the girl at the reception was very unpleasant to speak to. She asked me to pay in a very arrogant way and when I asked a question she replied she already told me. Moreover the service is extremely expensive. Never again. Just a positive note for the driver who has been very professional.

1  Thank jailbreakfufi
in 8 reviews
"model"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 13 January 2018

I arrived early at the airport from my flight, my drivers not there, no problem I'm early I ring him, no answer. eventually he gets there and picks me up. I then get charged a waiting fee... I was the one waiting on them. joke of a company. Avoid.

1  Thank Darren B
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I just wanted to say that I used this company for the first time ever at Christmas . I was very impressed with their service. They picked us up from Gatwick Airport and dropped us back to Gatwick at the end of our holidays. Both drivers were very pleasant. On the return journey I got 20% off the trip as I had used the company a few days before. I would certainly recommend them. Cars were very clean.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Used to be brilliant. Last time I used them, the driver was incredibly rude (even with my laid back attitude what with it being in the rn-up to Christmas). Left a really sour taste in my mouth. Past experiences have involved being telephoned at half 2 in the morning, by head office to ensure I got home safely after they'd got confused with a booking after a technical glitch. Not sure I would use this service again.

2  Thank 890happyshopper
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I thought to try out Addison Lee - prior I have used taxicode but thought maybe I should go with a more reliable executive service right? Wrong!

Apparently Addison Lee are on a mission to rip off customers (and possibly drivers from what I read from the reviews). They have this inflexible waiting time of 30 mins for international flights which they decide to adjust as they wish. My flight was scheduled to arrive at 15:30 and met the driver at exactly 16:00 but got charged £11 for 22 mins waiting time!

Then they charge parking fees separately, don't mention them up to the point of submitting the booking, with only a mention at the first receipt, and never telling you how much. Even then, they charge as a second addon ... £7.50.

It's not just about the money but it's all about they seem to be able to con people and get away with it. Hopefully others won't be conned in the same way so beware!

2  Thank Jo M