“Birthday ”
Review of The Piano Works

The Piano Works
Reserve with OpenTable
The Piano Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,134 of 25,273 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 24
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Description: London's only non-stop live music venue, where musicians take centre stage and only play songs requested by the audience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The best restaurant night club in London lovely music nicely service fantastic cocktails and delicious food thanks.

Daisy R, Manager at The Piano Works, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hey Juvenilson D,

Thank you for your fab review! See you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Could only get a table at 5pm but was very busy , cheap drinks , safe environment , if you want your music playing add a tip!!!

Daisy R, Manager at The Piano Works, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hey Eiknarf2004,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for your fab comments.

See you soon,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We reserved an area in advance for 30 people but ended up being squeezed in to a corner that would have comfortably suited 10-15 people. It took ages to get food and drinks and the bar was often 5+ deep. Live pianists were really good so the concept in terms of entertainment works well. It wouldn’t take much to get the basics right and be a long-term success in the area.

Hey rgoold,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We're sorry that your experience with us was't as expected. As a live music venue we offer bases to our drinks reservations, we usually aim to seat 1 in 5 guests. These base tables are used as somewhere for you to put your drinks while you're dancing. We would recommend guaranteeing a booth next time you are joining us with a larger group. These aim to seat between 8 - 10 guests, so they offer a slightly larger space if that's what your party is looking for.

We hope that this didn't put too much of a dampener on your evening and that our musicians made up for it!

Feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was a fabulous night out, the music was excellent, and the staff were very friendly. I went for my Birthday and I had a drinks table reserved, unfortunately that wasn't on the paperwork initially, but then I showed them an email and I was let in. Then I was greeted with prosecco and cake!! Later on, my friends were given some free beer (I don't know how that happened?) Then also sort of unfortunately I got quite tipsy, and went outside for some fresh air with a friend, to be aggressively told I wouldn't' be allowed back in. They didn't give me any explanation for this, and it was 12, so close to when they closed at 1am anyway. I hadn't fallen over, or done anything ridiculous, so I don't know why they deemed me as too drunk, oh well. I overall had a great time and very happy memories, I would just recommend to stay away from the bouncers, if you're tipsy.

1  Thank Alicelinden

Hey Alicelinden,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we're sorry about the initial hiccup with your table. We are thrilled however that you had such a fab birthday with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I came to piano works for mine and a friends birthday night with several work friends. The night began well and the entertainment was very good!
I left the bar to go for a cigarette with a friend and returned to the bar for the doorman to tell me that I had apparently had an argument with the manager Tristan and was not allowed in. When asking the manager what the problem was he was extremely aggressive and accused me of being rude with 3 other friends outside. I was extremely embarrassed as he had either got my confused with someone else or completely made up a lie. I was disappointed and very upset with the behaviour that I was presented with in front of a very large queue of people, with the manager making vile comments to me and my friends.
We will not be returning, the manager and staffs behaviour was vile and I assume from the reviews that this happens often, it looks as though they kick people out and refuse entry just to get a good turnover!

3  Thank Michaela_0090
Tristan M, Owner at The Piano Works, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

In summary and as stated on your friends review that she posted prior to yours.

I refute the reviews left by both yourself and your friend Rachael. Your conduct was witnessed by several members of our team who were at close quarters and is also available for you to review on CCTV should you need to jog your memory. Both your accounts of the initial interaction (at which point you were extremely rude and had been to other guests prior to my request for your group to kindly move two meters to prevent blocking the exit) and your behaviour following are both heinously inaccurate and untrue.

At no point was I unprofessional or rude, when challenged by yourself as to why you were being refused entry I recalled my version of events and justified your refusal for re-entry. Whilst doing so suffered a tirade of personal abuse and threats against my business by yourself and most of your group. Not to mention having my image taken and being filmed without my consent too.

It makes me very sad that you and Racheal chose to slander my business and character when deep down you both know your accounts are completely untrue.

Very sad!