“Good spot to wait for a flight!”

The Bar at Fortnum & Mason Terminal 5
Ranked #2,006 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 33
Description: THE BAR at Fortnum & Mason Terminal 5 is our first airport bar, a stunning new destination for travellers. Located opposite our new Terminal 5 store, THE BAR is open to everyone from first to last flight. It offers a range of delicious dishes with an emphasis on fresh food from our Food Halls. The menu varies from crumpets to caviar, including shellfish, charcuterie, salads and desserts, all deliciously light so perfect for those embarking on a flight. Regular Fortnum's foodies will be delighted to know that our famous Welsh Rarebit has been re-imagined as a toastie with tomato compote. Travellers can also delight in a varied list of Champagnes, fine wines, cocktails, spirits, fresh juice and Fortnum's famous coffee and tea. The drinks and dishes are served around a magnificent island bar, with waiting staff ready to serve travellers from all over the world.
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I needed a place to read while waiting for my flight to depart and stopped at fortnum and mason since I was craving a grilled cheese sandwich. I had the Welsh Rarebit with tomato chutney (it was very good), tea and the fresh lemonade (which I overheard another guest reorder a few of). The lemonade was DELICIOUS! Its not really a cafe and literally just a little bar in the middle of an open area but the seat was comfortable, the service really good and they didn't seem to mind me sitting for a couple of hours reading. I'd return for sure. If you hate airport food and fancy something of a treat for yourself, I'd also recommend popping into the fortnum and mason store and buying yourself one of the prepacked picnic lunches for your flight. Far more decadent that the crap served on my flight anyways.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I thought the prices for this elegant bar were reasonable until I realized the size of the ceviche I got. Transparent slices in a small plate. It is true the aesthetic was quite good, but I don't think worth the price :|
The white Pouilly Fumé From F&M I got was quite average as well. The dessert and coffee raised the level quite a bit.
The service was good.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent service good food, the staff where very helpful I have food allergies they where very informative.

The food arrived and the waitress came over and explained all the ingredients which was very reassuring.

It was a lovely start to our holiday.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

There can be no better start to any holiday than an early morning champagne breakfast!
The staff were superb being efficient and very engaging. I was particularly impressed with the cleanliness how our food was prepared and the bar itself was immaculate. So were the staff with beautiful clean uniforms which makes all the difference.
We had a bottle of Rose NV Billecart Salmon which I can thoroughly recommend for its quality at such a reasonable price.
We also had avocado on toast and Welsh rarebit toastie both of which were tasty and presented superbly.
I will definitely return! Pure class.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

While terminal 5 has a fair selection of restaurants, The Bar at Fortnum and Mason ( together with Caviar House and Prunier) provides an upmarket option, where the menu includes a range of caviar, smoked salmon, oysters, crab, cheeses and traditional dishes such deviled kidneys on toast. Great wine and bubbly selection. Attentive service.