“Nothing special but good enough”

Thai Square Mansion House
Ranked #8,956 of 24,651 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 53
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Thai food is becoming more and more popular internationally, gaining recognition as one of the world's greatest cuisines, because of its authenticity. To serve the rapidly expending number of devotees of Thai food in all parts of the world, the recipes development section of Thai Square, the leading group of Thai restaurant in UK, has conducted extensive research. Compiling more than a thousand recipes for both traditional and contemporary Thai dishes, now offering a selection of these in all Thai Square restaurants. Thai food in Thai Square is not only highly appetizing, but also very nutritious. For this reason we have chosen dishes that are low in fat and nutritionally well balanced. Thai Square presents carefully selected recipes, which are deliciously tasty and meet a variety of dietary needs as indicated in our menus. This makes it easy for you to choose the dishes best suited to your health.
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

London is full of Thai restaurants, good and bad. Thai square is in the city, so ok for business dinners, and I would say at medium level. Cocktails are too much oriental-oriented, so very sweet. About the food, the roasted duck is very good, instead of noodles, probably the worst I have never had. Better to drive your choices to seafood, pretty good.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you very much for your review. Thai Square is always committed to offer the best Thai food experience to all of our customers, and I am certain that our team will make continuous improvement. Your feedback is very essential for our cause. Please give us another chance and I hope to deliver a better experience for your next visit. For now, I am happy to invite you to join our social media pages for the latest updates. Feel free to email me with any concern that you may have, and I am delighted to offer my assistance at any time.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We were a group of 5 who were enjoying drinks at a nearby pub and asked if we could still order even though it was close to closing. The staff welcomed us and said it was fine but everything would come out together. This worked for us too.

We ordered a couple of duck spring rolls, a couple chicken masaman curries, and a couple green curries. The food was very good and I really liked the contemporary feel of the restaurant.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

We are very delighted to read your positive review on your experience with Thai Square. I trust that our team is happy with their success. It is always our aim to provide the best quality of services and food to our customers, and your feedback is very important for our continuous improvement. I hope that we will deliver a better experience for your next visit and please join our facebook page for the latest updates and promotions. I am looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Feel free to email me with any concern that you may have.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I went for dinner with my clients. We had the gold set menu and there were more than enough! The food came in a massive portion both starters and main courses. Wine and food are affordable. Really nice atmosphere and great service. The waitresses are helpful and smiley. I recommend this restaurant for business meal and definitely revisit soon!

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback. It pleases our whole team to hear that you are happy with your experience with Thai Square. Our team strives to provide the best quality of services and food to all of our customers, and we will continuously improve ourselves. I hope that you will find your next visit more satisfactory, and feel free to join our social media pages for the latest promotions. Please email me directly for further inquiries and I am looking forward to seeing you again at Thai Square.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I came here with my family and almost from the offset had a bad vibe. The staff were very unfriendly (including bumping us whilst eating more than once!), they did not remember who had ordered what and put down our dishes in front of whoever.

They had run out of Prosecco, but when asking for wine recommendations (or tasters) they became rude and judgemental.

The food itself was fine.

But we did not enjoy the dining experience due to the cold service. Therefore we decided not to pay the full discretionary tip (we still paid most of it), however it became an interrogation as to why we did not pay the full tip.

I will therefore never dine with this chain restaurant and deter any of my friends from doing the same.

Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent visit at Thai Square. I am sorry that our services did not meet your expectation, and I believe that this is an isolated case. Our team is committed to provide the best quality of services to every customer, and I am sure that they will continue to improve themselves to rectify this mistake. I hope to see you again at Thai Square in the near future, and deliver you a more satisfactory experience. Please feel free to contact me directly with any question. I am happy to address them personally.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We fancied Thai so went along to Thai square. The starters were just about ok. Normally I get excited by Thai starters but today I wasn’t convinced . The chicken satay seemed most disappointing. The duck spring rolls were poor. The salt and pepper squid wasn’t bad and the dim sum okayish. Mains again, were struggling to be good. The pad Thai wasn’t enjoyed and the red and green curries were passable but no more. Service was good and very friendly . Overall experience disappointing

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on our performance. It is our commitment to improve ourselves continuously, your feedback are thus very much valued. We hope to provide a better experience for you next visit at Thai Square, and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have. It would be my pleasure to address them promptly and personally.